Various problems with MAMPP0.6 on MacBook w/ Mac OS X 10.4.8

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Various problems with MAMPP0.6 on MacBook w/ Mac OS X 10.4.8

Postby mistermartin75 » 27. November 2006 19:16

I just installed Xampp 0.6 for Mac OS X on a MacBook running the latest Mac OS X (10.4.8). Everything starts just fine, but when I select my language I get this:

Code: Select all
Warning: fopen(lang.tmp) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php on line 2

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php on line 3

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php on line 4

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php:2) in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php on line 5

I guess that's not supposed to happen. I know some PHP, but this has got to do with the server config or some file permissions, and I know not that much about that.

So, did anybody get this error too? And was somebody able to solve it?

EDIT: CHMODing the lang.tmp file solved the problem, but then new problems arose:

- MySQL doesn't start
- Terminl can't write ftp password to the file when trying to secure mampp
mistermartin75

Postby civ23 » 28. November 2006 12:02

Hi, i had the same problem.
I changed the permissions for /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/var/mysql and all subdirectories into owner = nobody (r+w), group = mysql (r+w).
Then mysql should start
civ23

Postby Kristian Marcroft » 28. November 2006 12:42

Hi,

please have a look here:
http://bugs.xampp.org/view.php?id=3

Besides, it would be nice to know the exact syntax you installed XAMPP with.
The correct syntax would be:

# sudo su
# tar xfvpz xampp-* -C /

Unpackaging it and moving XAMPP breaks it.
Also running something like "sudo tar xfvpz xampp-* -C /" breaks it.
Please stick to the above. I will update the download page to include this information.

Regards,
Kristian Marcroft
Kristian Marcroft
AF Moderator

Postby mistermartin75 » 29. November 2006 06:27

Kristian Marcroft wrote:Besides, it would be nice to know the exact syntax you installed XAMPP with.

# sudo su
# tar xfvpz xampp-* -C /

Er, yeah, that's what you get when you always drag and drop, you forget some times you actually need to use terminal :oops: I am so accustomed to drag and drop that I didn't even bother to read the first step of the installation. Guess I should have. Anyways, it now runs just fine! Thanks a lot!

I still do get this when using '... security':

Code: Select all
XAMPP: The FTP password is still set to 'xampp'.
XAMPP: Do you want to change the password? [yes] yes
XAMPP: Password:
XAMPP: Password (again):
/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/share/xampp/checkftppassword: line 61: /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/temp/xampp26185: No such file or directory
cp: /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/temp/xampp26185: No such file or directory
rm: /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/temp/xampp26185: No such file or directory
XAMPP: Reload ProFTPD...
XAMPP: Done.

It doesn't change the FTP password. Should I report this as a bug or is this my fault?
mistermartin75

Postby Kristian Marcroft » 29. November 2006 10:10

Hi,

please report a bug at http://bugs.xampp.org.

Regards
Kristian Marcroft
Kristian Marcroft
AF Moderator

Postby mistermartin75 » 29. November 2006 16:07

Done :)
mistermartin75

Postby mistermartin75 » 05. December 2006 08:55

Problem has been solved in 0.7. See http://bugs.xampp.org/view.php?id=7 for a temporary solution.
mistermartin75

Help, i follow some instructions, but didn't work...

Postby f.g.m. » 18. December 2006 16:36

Hi, i get the XAMPP and install (well i think so, because i follow the instructions but didn't work, so, i just drop the xampp folder into my Aplications folder and then write the command: /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/mampp start , in the Terminal and get started).

But the problem came later, like mistermartin75, i see this indications after choose my lenguage (spanish):

Warning: fopen(lang.tmp) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php on line 3

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php on line 4

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php on line 5

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php:2) in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php on line 6

So, i don`t know how fix it to run normally the XAMPP. I follow the civ23 indications for change the permissions (and right now i'm wrinting, i don't know if i have to do what mistermartin75 says: EDIT: CHMODing the lang.tmp file, anyway, i don´t know how to do this to :? )

Then i follow the link of Kristian Marcroft propose, and i don't understand nothing about there says:

/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/var/mysql/ isn`t readable for users without root-privileiges.

currectly have it this rights:
drwx------ 12 nobody wheel 408 Nov 26 17:03 mysql

but the rights like 755 are better.

Please, i'm get introduce in this world but i have some basics knowledge, so can anybody tellme (step by step, sorry i'm a principiant :( ) how i can get work normally the XAMPP???... I'm a MACOSX 10.4.8 user.

Thank you!!!
f.g.m.

Postby mistermartin75 » 19. December 2006 09:12

Kristian Marcroft wrote:Hi,

please have a look here:
http://bugs.xampp.org/view.php?id=3

Besides, it would be nice to know the exact syntax you installed XAMPP with.

# sudo su
# tar xfvpz xampp-* -C /

Please stick to the above. I will update the download page to include this information.

Regards,
Kristian Marcroft

You have to install using the way described above, NOT by drag-and-drop (with drag-and-drop you break the permissions set in the package). If you install it with the two commands, it should work just fine. And then apply the fix (found via the link above to bug 7) to get FTP working.
mistermartin75

Return to XAMPP for macOS