luro wrote:Hey this is great package !
I want to use it as a regular configuration for my development !
only three questions :
- i can't find out how to switch to PHP4, does anyone knows ?
- in my status page MYSQL is displyed "desactivated" but is seems to work ...
- how can i configure fake dns (on windows i used to modify the etc/hosts file, is it the same ?)
Thanks for all, i'll appreciate a lot your answer !
this package is very very good on windows and i'd like it become the same on osX !!!
1. Try: /usr/local/xampp/mampp php4
2. Yes we know this... MySQL should be running just fine
3. Yepp and if you enter your Mac Name with 127.0.0.1 then point 2 will be activate.
We're working on a complete new Vrsion of XAMPP for MacOS X.
We have found out, that the MacUsers are a bit lazy and that they don't usually work in the shell.
So the next Version of XAMPP will be a complete new one with will be relocated to /Applications and hopefully have our new Control Panel that is currently being programed by PF4.
But still, if there is anybody out there that know his7her way about cocoa/X-Code please contact us.