Installing XAMPP

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Installing XAMPP

Postby xeperu » 01. March 2023 21:59

Hi All,

Whene i try to install XAMPP on my mac (MacOS X Big Sur) i get a message to the effect that "the installer cant be opened because the developer cant be verified""

There is another message that states that system cannot be sure that the application is virus-free. I am stumped at this point.

Many thanks,

Xeperu
xeperu

XAMPP version: 8.2
Operating System: MacOS X Big Sur

Re: Installing XAMPP

Postby pika92 » 26. March 2023 14:16

Kindly go to system preferences and in security option allow it by approving Open Anyway with admin privileges. That should make it work. Cheers!!
pika92

XAMPP version: 8.1.12
Operating System: macOS monterey 12.6.3

Postby bhapca » 04. May 2023 19:04

pika92 wrote:Kindly go to system preferences and in security option allow it by approving Open Anyway with admin privileges. That should make it work. Cheers!!

That doesn't always work. That are orgs that use idiotic MDMs, like Kandji, which makes it impossible to install unsigned apps, even when having Admin privileges.

A better approach would be to properly sign the installer app.
bhapca

XAMPP version: 8.2.4
Operating System: MacOS

Postby bhapca » 05. May 2023 11:58

bhapca wrote:
pika92 wrote:Kindly go to system preferences and in security option allow it by approving Open Anyway with admin privileges. That should make it work. Cheers!!

That doesn't always work. That are orgs that use idiotic MDMs, like Kandji, which makes it impossible to install unsigned apps, even when having Admin privileges.

A better approach would be to properly sign the installer app.

I found a workaround, by making a writable copy of the installer app and issuing the following command from the Terminal:

xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine /path/to/xampp-osx-8.2.4-0-installer.app

After that, the opening of the installer app worked.
bhapca

XAMPP version: 8.2.4
Operating System: MacOS

Return to XAMPP for macOS