Error Messages Installing XAMPP

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Error Messages Installing XAMPP

Postby eyelevel » 02. February 2023 01:36

I believe I did a thorough search previous troubleshooting posts so here goes.

xampp 8.2.0 installer 6.02.45 PM dmg
Imac Monterey 12.6.2
Processor 3.2 GHz Quad Core Intel Core i5

Setup Wizard launches are shows multiple error messages. For example: error creating directory/applications/xampp/xamppfiles ---- error changing permissions--error file from packed...etc. etc. etc.

My security locked is set to unlocked in Security and Privacy. I'm new to XAMPP as you might surmise.

Thank you

Gene
eyelevel

XAMPP version: 8.2.0
Operating System: OS 12.6.2 Monterey

Re: Error Messages Installing XAMPP

Postby JDLH » 05. February 2023 01:44

Interesting. I did not see those error messages when I installed. I have a different model of Mac than, with an Apple Silicon rather than intel CPU, but that should not make a difference.

I do not see error messages, or even a text window listing status messages, when I run the installer app "xampp-osx-8.2.0-0-installer.app" which is inside "xampp-osx-8.2.0-0-installer.dmg". Maybe it would help to post a screenshot of what you are seeing. Messages like "error creating directory" and "error changing permissions" certainly sound like you did not run the installer with the correct permissions, or your file system has incorrect permissions. However, I don't see how that would happen.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful. Good luck!
JDLH

XAMPP version: 7.4
Operating System: macOS 12.6

Return to XAMPP for macOS