Manager-OSX preventing mac to go to sleep?

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Manager-OSX preventing mac to go to sleep?

Postby bennieboosman » 01. May 2021 08:50

Good day,

After years being not busy with webdesign i picked it up a few months a go and everything was running smooth. But a few weeks a go i unfortunately needed to downgrade my system (Macbook Pro 16" to an old 15") i noticed that my laptop doesn't go to sleep anymore after i launched XAMPP / Manager-OSX. Which is a problem for me because i use a time registration tool which stops as soon as the system goes idle/sleep. Besides that it isn't good for the lifespan of my laptop to be on for hours and of course unnecessary power consumption.

I also noticed that on my current setup i need the enter my user password because "Application Manager wants to make changes" on my previous setup (the 16" mbp) i never had to enter my password. Also XAMPP did look slightly different from the current. If i remember correct the dock icon from the previous setup was "XAMPP" and the current is "Application Manager".

Hopefully you guys can help clarifying what is going wrong or have some tips and trick..

THNX IN ADVANCE!

I need to run Wordpress websites with PHP 7.3 (for now)

I run XAMPP 7.3.27 rev 1 on a macbook pro late 2015 OS X 10.15.7 (Catalina).
bennieboosman

XAMPP version: 7.3.27
Operating System: 10.15.7 (Catalina)

Re: Manager-OSX preventing mac to go to sleep?

Postby bennieboosman » 06. May 2021 13:46

Nobody with the same problem? Should i re-install XAMPP?
bennieboosman

Re: Manager-OSX preventing mac to go to sleep?

Postby bennieboosman » 15. May 2021 16:19

Mystery solved... it turns out it isn't Manage-OSX what's causing the OS going to sleep... it's apple owns "Music" app!
Sorry!

Case closed!
bennieboosman

Return to XAMPP for macOS