mysql_update (MariaDB outdated?)

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

mysql_update (MariaDB outdated?)

Postby bvrulez » 20. January 2020 19:44

I have XAMPP without Hypervirso (7.3.13) on two old Macs with High Sierra. I can not execute the following statement on both:

Code: Select all
CREATE PROCEDURE booksByPrice(IN fromPrice decimal(8,2),IN toPrice decimal(8,2) )
 BEGIN
 SELECT isbn,autor,titel,preis
 FROM buch
 WHERE preis >= fromPrice and preis <= toPrice;
 END//

The error is in German, I will try to translate:

Code: Select all
#1805 - Wrong number of columns in mysql.proc. 21 expected, 20 found. Generated with MariaDB 100108, now under 100411. Please use mysql_upgrade.

I looked in table `proc`. I have another Windows-PC, where the SQL code is working. `proc` has one more column on that installation: `aggregate`.

I tried two solutions. I though I have to upgrade MariaDB on my Mac. But I cannot find the installation files. Where does it get installed on a Mac?

Secondly, I naivly tried to add column `aggregate` into table `proc` - with the exact attributes I found on my Windows PC. That resulted in an error saying the whole table might be broken.

Does anybody know if my Mac could have an outdated version of MariaDB and how to update it?
bvrulez

XAMPP version: 7.3.13-0
Operating System: macOS High Sierra

Return to XAMPP for macOS