To Find your missing DOCS [SOLVED]

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Where are the folders now?

Postby jorbarne » 18. November 2017 18:13

Hello,

I just upgraded to the new XAMPP, and now I can't find any of my folders. They used to be right there in Applications. This is also how MAMP works, as most of you reading this probably know very well.

I have searched in the Library and have yet to find anything. As most of you know, this is extremely problematic, considering that a web developer needs the htdocs folder in order to build websites.

The application itself is running fine- all servers up, etc. I just can't find the folders.

Something I've thought about, but don't know where it's at in the new version:
During the install, it just fired right up and everything seemed to turn on right out of the box. I didn't have to set up ports or passwords. But that being said, I'm wondering if THAT's the problem right there- I'm missing something in the setup and i'm not sure where it is.

Thanks in advance,

JKB
jorbarne

XAMPP version: 7
Operating System: OSX

To Find your missing DOCS [SOLVED]

Postby jorbarne » 18. November 2017 18:51

Ok, so, I sent one that wasn't approved yet (or so it looks)

THIS is what I was talking about. There's no docs to read until you open the program... Kinda hoping they don't permanently switch to this, as typically it's not necessary on a local machine. Nonetheless, here's how you get to your documents now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M--L_Cy7dpQ
jorbarne

XAMPP version: 7
Operating System: OSX

Re: To Find your missing DOCS [SOLVED]

Postby Nobbie » 19. November 2017 12:57

The problem is on yourself, as you decided to install the "special version" Xampp-VM (= Virtual Machine). There is only one Virtual Machine Version and it is only available for OSX (not for Windows, not for Linux). There is of course still the "normal" Xampp Version for OSX and this installs as expected into the /Application folder with all known subfolders.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for macOS