#1045 Access denied user root@locahost(using password:N0)

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

#1045 Access denied user root@locahost(using password:N0)

Postby trapperdavis » 10. May 2017 14:59

Hello,

I am somewhat new to xampp, but I am having a problem with my MySQL server. I visited localhost/phpmyadmin, and reset my root@localhost user password as instructed. I was immediately given an Error 1045. I did the research of trying to resolve the problem and most solutions came in the form of changing the configuration file Config.inc.php. I changed
Code: Select all
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password']=''
to
Code: Select all
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password']='NO'
. Upon changing the file in my text editor (Brackets 2), I receive an error that I do not have permission to change the file. Can anybody help?

Thanks
trapperdavis

XAMPP version: 5.6.30-1
Operating System: macOS Sierra v10.12.4

Re: #1045 Access denied user root@locahost(using password:N0

Postby Nobbie » 10. May 2017 21:13

trapperdavis wrote:and reset my root@localhost user password as instructed.

What do you mean by "as instructed"?? Who or what "instructs" you to do so?

trapperdavis wrote:Upon changing the file in my text editor (Brackets 2), I receive an error that I do not have permission to change the file. Can anybody help?

Obviously you (your UserID) does no have sufficient rights in order to change that file. Run as admin or ask in an OSX Forum how to change textfiles as administrator. That is not a Xampp issue.
Nobbie

Postby trapperdavis » 11. May 2017 20:09

Phpmyadim instructs me to do so. When logging onto localhost/phpmydmin for the first time with no password, a message is flashed at the bottom of the screen instructing me to change/update my password. This is why I changed it. This is also what is creating the problem.

Thank you for your answer. I will search those forums as well.
trapperdavis

XAMPP version: 5.6.30-1
Operating System: macOS Sierra v10.12.4

Postby Nobbie » 11. May 2017 21:08

trapperdavis wrote:Phpmyadim instructs me to do so. When logging onto localhost/phpmydmin for the first time with no password, a message is flashed at the bottom of the screen instructing me to change/update my password. This is why I changed it. This is also what is creating the problem.

Yes of course, but this is only a hint. a notice. Of course you have to think about if you really need to do so. Only if your Xampp installation is exposed to the internet, you should protect MySQL via a password, but Xampp is not mentioned for Online access, so you simply should ignore that message. Happily, the message does not tell you to jump from the next bridge - would you do as well without thinking about "what am doing here"??
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Mac OS X