Problem with specifying the database path on an external dev

Irgendwelche Probleme mit XAMPP für Mac OS X? Dann ist hier genau der richtige Ort um nachzufragen.

Problem with specifying the database path on an external dev

Postby dex » 16. May 2019 16:36

Hello!

Can you please tell me how to set the path to the database that is located on the flash drive?

I want to have my projects always at hand. I have a hard drive and several devices. I want all devices to work with a connected hard drive. How to configure a virtual host I found. How to set up a remote database is a problem.

i use osx high sierra

google translate

Hallo!

Können Sie mir bitte sagen, wie ich den Pfad zur Datenbank auf dem Flash-Laufwerk festlegen soll?

Ich möchte meine Projekte immer zur Hand haben. Ich habe eine Festplatte und mehrere Geräte. Ich möchte, dass alle Geräte mit einer angeschlossenen Festplatte funktionieren. So konfigurieren Sie einen virtuellen Host, den ich gefunden habe. Das Einrichten einer entfernten Datenbank ist ein Problem.
dex

XAMPP version: 7.1.29
Operating System: osx

Re: Problem with specifying the database path on an external

Postby Nobbie » 18. May 2019 10:03

You have to provide the name of the mounted flash drive zo the value of datadir in the mysql configuration (either my.ini or my.cnf).
Nobbie

Postby dex » 18. May 2019 10:09

if I specify the datadir in the settings then the database server stops running. Error MySQL server.
dex

XAMPP version: 7.1.29
Operating System: osx

Postby Nobbie » 18. May 2019 13:43

Probably the MySQL Server, which runs with a different UserID than yours (i.e. daemon or somewhat, i am not an OSX user, but its similar to Linux), does not have sufficient rights to access the database (including writing, creating and deleting files). You have to assure that the flash drive is mounted with proper rights. If in doubt, ask in an OSX forum how to modify the rights for mounted drives. These are defined by the mount command, after the drive is mounted you CANNOT modify the rights via chmod or similar commands.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP für macOS