congic.inc.php edit?

Irgendwelche Probleme mit XAMPP für Mac OS X? Dann ist hier genau der richtige Ort um nachzufragen.

congic.inc.php edit?

Postby barda » 02. July 2018 21:11

Hi there -

I'm following a tutorial that first had me set a database password for my root localhost account, then asked me to go to config.inc.php to change it. I have been unsuccessful in doing so.

What have I tried:
1. Editing the file using the command from this Stack Overflow, received 'permission denied':
Code: Select all
sudo nano config.inc.php

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33515739/editing-the-file-config-inc-php
2. Editing the permissions on the file using this command from a link recommended in the stack overflow:
chmod 0755 config.inc.php, permission denied

https://blog.elijaa.org/2013/02/18/solve-wrong-permissions-on-configuration-file-should-not-be-world-writable-error-on-phpmyadmin/

I checked with a more knowledgeable friend, who pointed out that I don't own it.

3. So I opened the terminal that comes with XAMPP, but there is nothing in it that behaves like a directory.
root@debian:~# ls -a
.  ..  .bash_history  .bashrc  .profile  .ssh  bitnami-first-boot-123456
root@debian:~# cd bitnami-first-boot-123456
-bash: cd: bitnami-first-boot-123456: Not a directory

I'm just ... lost. This tutorial, and the udemy course that follows it, all use XAMPP, but I can't seem to edit the file at all. Any thoughts, folks?
barda

XAMPP version: Latest
Operating System: MAC

Re: congic.inc.php edit?

Postby TonyVier » 04. July 2018 09:36

sudo chown root:root config.inc.php
TonyVier

XAMPP version: 7.2.5-0
Operating System: Windows 10 pro

Postby Nobbie » 04. July 2018 10:20

TonyVier wrote:sudo chown root:root config.inc.php

That makes it even worse...

Either

sudo chmod 0666 config.inc.php

but it might be possible, that even this command fails. The problem is, you are working with the XAMPP-VM version (why??) and that is installed like a netdrive in a virtually mounted device. Usually the file permissions in network drives are set at mounting time and cannot be changed after (even noot by root).

I recommend to de-install totally the XAMPP-VM version, instead install one of the other "normal" versions (there are at least three or four non-VM versions, only one VM version). These install simply into your /Applications folder and are much easier to handle.
Nobbie

Postby barda » 06. July 2018 18:34

Thank you both for replying! (And ugh, only just now caught my spelling error in the post title. Facepalm, facepalm, facepalm.) I wasn't aware that I'd installed the VM version. I've uninstalled and will reinstall accordingly. Thanks for the tip!
barda

XAMPP version: Latest
Operating System: MAC

Postby gordonhwangyong » 06. November 2019 09:36

I made It work like this.

1. launch xampp.app
2.Open terminal
3.change owner and permission
chown root:root config.inc.php
chmod 0666 config.inc.php
4.edit config.inc.php and save