XFCE, LXQT, or LXDE… Which one to choose?

Einfach Dinge, die nichts mit XAMPP, Apache Friends, Apache, MySQL, PHP und alle dem zu tun haben. Allerlei halt. ;)

Postby unleash_it » 31. July 2023 00:19

Has anybody tried all three? By watching youtube reviews I have clear idea of what to expect from XFCE. But there is next to zero info on LXQT or LXDE versions.

Has anybody tried all three?

By watching youtube reviews I have clear idea of what to expect from XFCE. But there is next to zero info on LXQT or LXDE versions.
I’m interested in these 3 DEs not because I have very old PC, but because I want a minimalistic system that it is very efficient and does not consume much CPU resources, keeping the system cooler. Which one of these DEs is more reliable, better maintained by the developers at the moment, and which one would you recommend?

i have heard that Xfce is better maintained than either LXDE or LXQt. I’ve not seen very much, if any, discussion about either of them, except by individuals looking for a limited resource desktop environment.

my friends keeps on telling over and over like so: Unless a system is so old that it can barely run any desktop at all, you can use Xfce.
If it’s too cumbersome or resource intensive, it may be better to drop down to a window manager.

well that said: Most of the above mentioned systems still support multiple windows accessible through either their task bar or menu functions, and there are many light resource file managers that can be used with window managers to provide simple directory and file access, similar to what one do with a desktop environment; only the consistency of a common environment and the “objects” by which information and complex structures can be copied and manipulated are “missing” in a simple window manager approach.

Well i think that i have to read more about desktop environments for a more accurate and specific description of each desktop environment and window manager to determine the features and capabilities of each of them.

do you have tested all of them: XFCE, LXQT, or LXDE… Which one to choose?

some of my friends also told me that Xfce is most polished and has more features than other two. Yes that XFCE has just more options to choose like menu more panel plugins etc. on the other handside the Lxqt is also good but it has less features although it is little bit lighter and snappier my friends keeps on telling.

LXDE is good, fast but really minimal meaning it has basic features.

What is your experience!?
unleash_it

Operating System: linux opensuse 12.1

Return to Allerlei