How to detect vulnerable plugin in WordPress

Einfach Dinge, die nichts mit XAMPP, Apache Friends, Apache, MySQL, PHP und alle dem zu tun haben. Allerlei halt. ;)

How to detect vulnerable plugin in WordPress

Postby FredPhillips » 14. June 2023 15:14

Hi Everyone,

I'm seeking some insights and opinions regarding the detection of vulnerable plugins in WordPress. As we know, keeping our WordPress sites secure is crucial, and one aspect of that is identifying and addressing any vulnerabilities in the plugins we use.

I'd love to hear from the community about your experiences and methods for detecting vulnerable plugins. Have you come across any effective tools, practices, or resources that help with this? What warning signs or red flags do you look for?

Feel free to share your thoughts, tips, or any best practices you follow when it comes to plugin security in WordPress. Your contributions would be greatly appreciated!
FredPhillips

XAMPP version: 8.2.4
Operating System: Windows 8

Re: How to detect vulnerable plugin in WordPress

Postby Nobbie » 16. June 2023 11:36

As there is no way to detect vulnerable plugins, you only must edit the source code and watch out for suspicious code, i finally uninstalled wordpress and returned to programming my sites old fashioned by myself.

My server had been hacked a couple of times a few years ago and i started to investigate about the reasons. I quickly found some articles about vulnerable wordpress plugins which told me, that plugins were not checked by any wordpress developers and were coming from unknown people. The only "advice" from WordPress was to " harden" my server. Therefore i decided to drop WordPress, its a hilarious security risk.

Now my site is programmed in pure HTML and PHP and i never had any issue.

That's how it is.
Nobbie

Return to Allerlei