Reinstall XAMPP after deletion

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Reinstall XAMPP after deletion

Postby stefaeva » 06. January 2024 01:19

Good morning, I am a beginner and after deleting the installation of XAMPP (deleting the /opt/lampp whole folder) I need to reinstall it.
When I launch the installer (with sudo!) I get no error message but the installation does not start and the /opt/lampp directory is not created.

Can you please help me? Thanks
stefaeva

XAMPP version: 8.2.12
Operating System: debian 12

Re: Reinstall XAMPP after deletion

Postby Nobbie » 06. January 2024 12:37

Maybe your installation file is corrupted? It has nothing to do with your old (deleted) Xampp. When the installer does not start, there is a severe error. Does the installer have sufficient rights (i.e. execution bit?)? If you do "ls -l" in a terminal, the file mode must show "x" for user, group, world. Looks like "-rwxr-xr-x" or similar. If the x is missing, run a "sudo chmod 755 xampp*.run". FInally run "sudo ./xampp*.run" in the Download folder (i.e. where you downloaded the installer).
Nobbie

Postby stefaeva » 06. January 2024 15:17

Dear Nobbie, first of all thank you very much for the quickly answer :-)
The installation file is downloaded from your site, so it shouldn't be corrupted. I chose the last release. Anyway, i'll try again to download it. About your second question, I followed step by step your faq, as the first time i've installed XAMPP. I've already checked that the installer has all the rights necessary (755).
If you have any other suggestions, please tell me.

P.S.
Instead, the windows installer worked perfectly (I have a PC with two OS - Debian 12 and Windows 11. At startup i choose the OS)
stefaeva

Postby Nobbie » 06. January 2024 20:13

stefaeva wrote:The installation file is downloaded from your site, so it shouldn't be corrupted. ... I followed step by step your faq

What?? Why do you say "your"?? It is neither "my site", nor "my faq" - what is wrong with you? I am a simple User like you are. And no, i dont have any further idea what is going wrong. Must be something with your environment,
Nobbie

Postby stefaeva » 06. January 2024 23:44

So sorry, I thought, mistakenly, that you were an administrator or moderator of the forum. Also, my English is not so good. I hope you understand. Anyway thank's again for your suggestions.
stefaeva

Return to XAMPP for Linux