WEBP for LAMPP 7.2.6-0 (PHP 7.2.6)

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

WEBP for LAMPP 7.2.6-0 (PHP 7.2.6)

Postby michaelprodev » 19. January 2023 08:02

I'm at the end of my rope here, I feel like I've tried everything.
Currently our code base only works with 7.2, and hasn't been tested for 7.4 so upgrading to next version of xampp (+ php) will not work for me.
I've tried following commands installing webp to the operating system, before reinstalling webp
  • Uninstalled LAMPP
  • Enter
    Code: Select all
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php
  • Enter
    sudo apt update
  • Enter
    sudo apt install php7.2-gd
  • Enter
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:helkaluin/webp-pixbuf-loader
  • Enter
    sudo apt update
  • Enter
    sudo apt install webp-pixbuf-loader
  • Enter
    sudo apt-get update
  • Enter
    sudo apt-get install libwebp-dev
  • Enter
    sudo apt-get install webp
    this will give us webp tools
  • Enter
    cwebp
    (Check if we have webp installed)
  • Reinstalled LAMPP

But I keep getting the following result for my GD

Configure Options
 './configure' '--prefix=/opt/lampp' '--with-apxs2=/opt/lampp/bin/apxs' '--with-config-file-path=/opt/lampp/etc' '--with-mysql=mysqlnd' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--disable-debug' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ctype' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-shmop' '--disable-sigchild' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-wddx' '--with-gdbm=/opt/lampp' '--with-jpeg-dir=/opt/lampp' '--with-png-dir=/opt/lampp' '--with-freetype-dir=/opt/lampp' '--with-zlib=yes' '--with-zlib-dir=/opt/lampp' '--with-openssl=/opt/lampp' '--with-xsl=/opt/lampp' '--with-ldap=/opt/lampp' '--with-gd' '--with-imap=/bitnami/xamppunixinstaller72stack-linux-x64/src/imap-2007e' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-gettext=/opt/lampp' '--with-mssql=shared,/opt/lampp' '--with-pdo-dblib=shared,/opt/lampp' '--with-sybase-ct=/opt/lampp' '--with-mysql-sock=/opt/lampp/var/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-mcrypt=/opt/lampp' '--with-mhash=/opt/lampp' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-mbstring=all' '--with-curl=/opt/lampp' '--enable-mbregex' '--enable-zend-multibyte' '--enable-exif' '--with-bz2=/opt/lampp' '--with-sqlite=shared,/opt/lampp' '--with-sqlite3=/opt/lampp' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/lampp' '--enable-soap' '--with-xmlrpc' '--enable-pcntl' '--with-mysqli=mysqlnd' '--with-pgsql=shared,/opt/lampp/' '--with-iconv=/opt/lampp' '--with-pdo-mysql=mysqlnd' '--with-pdo-pgsql=/opt/lampp/postgresql' '--with-pdo_sqlite=/opt/lampp' '--with-icu-dir=/opt/lampp' '--enable-fileinfo' '--enable-phar' '--enable-zip' '--enable-intl' '--disable-huge-code-pages'
michaelprodev

XAMPP version: 7.2.6-0
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04.1

Re: WEBP for LAMPP 7.2.6-0 (PHP 7.2.6)

Postby Nobbie » 19. January 2023 22:42

Xampp / Lampp is not installed via repository and therefore Xampp does not "know" any tools from your distribution.

There once has been a project to integrate Xampp into Ubuntu repository, but it finally fails. If you want to use webp etc. from your repository, you have install Apache etc. also from the Repos, but not from Xampp.
Nobbie

Postby Nobbie » 19. January 2023 22:59

Xampp / Lampp is not installed via repository and therefore Xampp does not "know" any tools from your distribution.

There once has been a project to integrate Xampp into Ubuntu repository, but it finally fails. If you want to use webp etc. from your repository, you have install Apache etc. also from the Repos, but not from Xampp.
Nobbie

Postby michaelprodev » 20. January 2023 01:31

Nobbie wrote:Xampp / Lampp is not installed via repository and therefore Xampp does not "know" any tools from your distribution.

Yeah I know thanks, I started a fresh VirtualBox and configured it this morning, I've now got WebP but now I have to reinstall all of the databases (should be fun) LOL
michaelprodev

XAMPP version: 7.2.6-0
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04.1

Postby Nobbie » 20. January 2023 22:02

michaelprodev wrote:but now I have to reinstall all of the databases (should be fun) LOL

Actually, that shouldnt be a big problem. Either try to overtake to "old" data folder into the new MySQL environment (which is the easiest way, but also fails often due to different infrastructure), or use "mysqldump" to export your databases from the Xampp installation and import the resulting *.sql via "mysql" interpreter ("mysql -u myuser -pmypassword <exportfile.sql"). Thats quite easier than it might sound.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Linux