can't install -- no error message

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

can't install -- no error message

Postby Shawnster_P » 08. June 2022 20:25

Never done anything like this before, so I'm pretty ignorant here. I'm on opensuse. I ran the two commands per the FAQ page for installation:

Code: Select all
chmod 755 xampp-linux-x64-7.4.29-1installer.run
sudo ./xampp-linux-x64-7.4.29-1-installer.run

I get no indication that anything happens. It just goes to a new ready terminal line, with no error messages. There also is not anything created in /opt. I had a couple of thoughts: Is it possible that opensuse overrides the default location for the install to some other directory? Opensuse, by default, enables AppArmor. I tried disabling this, but it does not seem to affect anything. Also, I monkeyed around trying to set up an apache server before (failed miserably). I checked to see if anything is running currently (thinking it may be interfering), but there is nothing running. IDK if it is relevant at all, but the server status spits out:

Code: Select all
sudo systemctl status apache2
[sudo] password for root:
○ apache2.service - The Apache Webserver
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/apache2.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
     Active: inactive (dead)

Jun 08 14:52:30 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Starting The Apache Webserver...
Jun 08 14:52:30 localhost.localdomain start_apache2[27117]: AH00558: httpd-prefork: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using localhost.localdomain. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
Jun 08 14:52:30 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Started The Apache Webserver.
Jun 08 14:55:04 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Stopping The Apache Webserver...
Jun 08 14:55:04 localhost.localdomain start_apache2[27391]: AH00558: httpd-prefork: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using localhost.localdomain. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
Jun 08 14:55:04 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: apache2.service: Deactivated successfully.
Jun 08 14:55:04 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Stopped The Apache Webserver.

Don't know what I'm messing up. Any help is appreciated.
Shawnster_P

XAMPP version: x64-7.4.29-1
Operating System: opensuse linux

Re: can't install -- no error message-- solved

Postby Shawnster_P » 08. June 2022 23:36

Okay, I tried it on my laptop (same setup as on my desktop), and it is installing just fine. The only thing I can figure is that the download didn't take. I did not confirm checksums or anything.
Shawnster_P

XAMPP version: x64-7.4.29-1
Operating System: opensuse linux

Return to XAMPP for Linux