Can't run Apache Server after installation

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Can't run Apache Server after installation

Postby otnielandi » 31. August 2021 12:29

I have install Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS x64 with XAMPP version 7.4.22-0, last install i can run it normally but after fresh install on new SSD i face problem that the APACHE SERVER can't run so i can't open localhost/phpmyadmin. Its shown error like bellow but i can run MySQL Database and profTPD normally with green indicator icon. When i open the error.log and access.log it's shown nothing so i'm confused, i have try change port to 8080 but the APACHE SERVER still does'nt seem to work normally. i need help i can't find the answer or if anyone known please tell me. thanks
this screenshoot from my XAMPP

imgur.com/a/YEAzq36

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/YEAzq36" data-context="false" ><a href="https://imgur.com/a/YEAzq36"></a></blockquote>
<script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
otnielandi

XAMPP version: 7.4.22-0
Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

Re: Can't run Apache Server after installation

Postby Nobbie » 31. August 2021 18:02

I cannot see any information from that screen. Please reboot your PC and after try to start Xampp via Terminal (not the GUI interface).

Enter the following command in a terminal (see also the FAQ for this):

Code: Select all
sudo /opt/lampp/lampp start

and show us the output.
Nobbie

Postby otnielandi » 01. September 2021 06:28

Nobbie wrote:I cannot see any information from that screen. Please reboot your PC and after try to start Xampp via Terminal (not the GUI interface).

Enter the following command in a terminal (see also the FAQ for this):

Code: Select all
sudo /opt/lampp/lampp start

and show us the output.

This is the new image
https://imgur.com/a/jmC7TNe

Thank you it's succesfully run without GUI, hope after this xampp apache can run normally without configuration.
Other problem i face is after i can access the localhost/phpmyadmin it's shown red on this quote
The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended features have been deactivated. Find out why.
Or alternately go to 'Operations' tab of any database to set it up there.

does it matter for performance or it's normally because i haven't start database. thanks
otnielandi

XAMPP version: 7.4.22-0
Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

Postby Nobbie » 01. September 2021 12:39

otnielandi wrote:does it matter for performance or it's normally because i haven't start database. thanks

Neither, nor.

It does not matter for the performance of your PHP Scripts, but it matters for PhpMyAdmin (which is a graphical tool for Database access), some PhpMyAdmin functionality might not work. I dont miss that, but if you are unsure, read carefully what PhpMyAdmin tells you, there is missing some configuration setup in the config.inc.php file (the config file for PhpMyAdmin). PhpMyAdmin is a nice tool, but normally you dont need it for your own PHP scripts.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Linux