Switching MariaDB to MySQL

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Switching MariaDB to MySQL

Postby aav » 05. October 2020 07:39

Is it possible to use MySQL instead of MariaDB on XAMPP v.7.2.33-1?
aav

XAMPP version: 7.2.33-1
Operating System: Debian 10 GNU/Linux

Re: Switching MariaDB to MySQL

Postby Nobbie » 05. October 2020 10:26

You cannot replace the executable files in your Xampp installation. But instead you dont need to use your MariaDB. simply install Mysql on your linux machine and start the server. DO NOT start Xampps MariaDB.

Finally simply provide the credentials (Servername, User, Password, Database) of your Mysql installation in your PHP scripts.
Nobbie

Postby aav » 05. October 2020 20:11

Nobbie wrote:You cannot replace the executable files in your Xampp installation. But instead you dont need to use your MariaDB. simply install Mysql on your linux machine and start the server. DO NOT start Xampps MariaDB.

Finally simply provide the credentials (Servername, User, Password, Database) of your Mysql installation in your PHP scripts.

Yes, but then i cant access mysql from the xampps apache phpmyadmin installation, or maybe there is workaround, but at this point its simpler for me to install lamp stack manually and not use xampp. I was hoping there was a way to configure which database to use. Anyway thank you for fast response. :)
aav

XAMPP version: 7.2.33-1
Operating System: Debian 10 GNU/Linux

Postby Nobbie » 05. October 2020 22:52

aav wrote:
Nobbie wrote:You cannot replace the executable files in your Xampp installation. But instead you dont need to use your MariaDB. simply install Mysql on your linux machine and start the server. DO NOT start Xampps MariaDB.

Yes, but then i cant access mysql from the xampps apache phpmyadmin installation, or maybe there is workaround, but at this point its simpler for me to install lamp stack manually and not use xampp. I was hoping there was a way to configure which database to use. Anyway thank you for fast response. :)

As i said, simply provide the credentials of your Mysql installation in your PHP scripts. Of course also in phpmyadmin, you have to apply the credentials in config.inc.php
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Linux