Starting and stoping xampp in ssh?

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Starting and stoping xampp in ssh?

Postby josephchrzempiec » 18. January 2020 14:10

Hello I been searching and searching online how to stop and start services in ssh. I'm so ocnfused. Is there a way in ssh to stop apache and mysql in ssh? Can someone please help me.

Joseph
josephchrzempiec

XAMPP version: 7.4.1
Operating System: ubuntu

Re: Starting and stoping xampp in ssh?

Postby nemesis » 18. January 2020 22:37

Ubuntu 18.04 | SMP P3 1.4 GHz | 6 GByte RegECC | 74 GByte Seagate 15k5 system | 3Ware 9550SXU-4LP with 4x 500 GByte Seagate ES2 Raid 10 data | StoreCase DE400 | PX-230A | Intel Pro/1000MT Dual PCI-X
nemesis
AF Moderator

XAMPP version: depends
Operating System: Linux, BSD, Win, iOS, Android

Postby josephchrzempiec » 19. January 2020 06:40

Hello thank you vey much. I didn't think of looking for it in the place where i got the software at. I been searching online. This is a Big Duhhh me moment. Again thank you. Now only ifi can how to add users to the ftp server and point them to folders i be all set. Because the configure button is all grayed out. when i start it and stop it locally.

Joseph
josephchrzempiec

Postby nemesis » 19. January 2020 16:01

Code: Select all
/opt/lampp/etc/proftpd.conf

http://www.proftpd.org/docs/example-conf.html the virtual host example have some configurations that are going in your direction.

You can also use an alternative ftpd from your distribution. For example vsftpd or pureftpd. You have to ensure, that the file permissions of your ftpd maps to the one that apache expects, and your /opt/lampp/htdocs/ or some other virtual hosts directive in your /opt/lampp/etc/httpd.conf. Both topics are a little bit out of the scope of this forum. You should find some usefull manuals/HowTos for your Linux distribution too.

I'm sorry that i can't help you more.
Ubuntu 18.04 | SMP P3 1.4 GHz | 6 GByte RegECC | 74 GByte Seagate 15k5 system | 3Ware 9550SXU-4LP with 4x 500 GByte Seagate ES2 Raid 10 data | StoreCase DE400 | PX-230A | Intel Pro/1000MT Dual PCI-X
nemesis
AF Moderator

XAMPP version: depends
Operating System: Linux, BSD, Win, iOS, Android

Postby josephchrzempiec » 20. January 2020 09:59

Thank you very much. I thought i was going crazy seeing things. Because in the application it has the ftp in there as well as start and stop but the configure button was grays out and couldn't do anything. I thought it was something i did when i installed it. Glade i see i didn't do anything wrong when i installed it. LOL

Edit: I did mange to install a ftp server with no problem.
josephchrzempiec

Return to XAMPP for Linux