Can't use codeigniter from lampp

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Can't use codeigniter from lampp

Postby atoms-who-code » 29. June 2018 01:51

I'm running ubuntu 18.4 and have installed the last version of lampp and downloaded the codeigniter framework to the opt/lampp/htdocs folder.

From web browser I can access every function of lampp and the welcome page of CI; but I can't access the CI user guide trough the link or via "localhost/CodeIgniter/user_guide"; I just get 404.

Also in another CI project (located in lampp/htdocs) I can access the main page but nothing else, including css files nor anything else.

I have my htdocs and every sub-folder set to my user and permissions for writing and reading.

How can I debug/fix this?
atoms-who-code

XAMPP version: 7.2.6
Operating System: ubuntu 18.04

Re: Can't use codeigniter from lampp

Postby Nobbie » 29. June 2018 14:25

Error 404 usually is not a permission issue, its a file not found issue (wrong path or wrong URL). Open your logfiles (logs/error_log and access_log) and watch out for more detailed messages.

I have my htdocs and every sub-folder set to my user and permissions for writing and reading.

Thats not usefull as long as Apache does NOT run with your UserId. There remains a permission issue if the Apache User (i.e. daemon or nobody) does not have sufficient rights to read the folders and files.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Linux