Keen to see if you can help me with my issue

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Keen to see if you can help me with my issue

Postby Unconformed » 11. January 2017 11:04

G'day from sunny Australia!

Xamp seems to work fine for me for about a week or so, before randomly crashing. I will re-install, and it will work, however this messes with my workflow.

What is happening?

Browser says "unable to connect"
Servers will not restart.

Error log output
http://pastebin.com/QGhcFN4n

Thanks guys!
Unconformed
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 27. August 2016 05:32
XAMPP version: 5.6.23
Operating System: Linux

Re: Keen to see if you can help me with my issue

Postby Unconformed » 12. January 2017 11:27

Hi

Oddly, the system has just fallen over 1 day after reinstall. This time, MySQL database won't start.

http://pastebin.com/pmagyHnq
Unconformed
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 27. August 2016 05:32
XAMPP version: 5.6.23
Operating System: Linux

Re: Keen to see if you can help me with my issue

Postby Unconformed » 12. January 2017 11:39

I also looked to see if mysql was present. I thought I purged it but it seems to be there.

http://pastebin.com/FQfefyby

1)Should I try remove all instances of mysql?
2)When I update, will I get newer versions of mysql each time?
3) can you see anything odd?
Unconformed
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 27. August 2016 05:32
XAMPP version: 5.6.23
Operating System: Linux

Re: Keen to see if you can help me with my issue

Postby JJ_Tagy » 12. January 2017 12:50

Not sure what MySQL would have to do with not being able to connect to the http service. Does the issue coincide with a reboot? Perhaps your system is auto-starting the native built components. Depending on your Linux flavor, you are probably better of using those components instead of XAMPP. If you do have those components installed, yes it will try to update them each time you update.
JJ_Tagy
 
Posts: 723
Joined: 30. January 2012 13:44
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Re: Keen to see if you can help me with my issue

Postby Unconformed » 23. January 2017 10:01

JJ_Tagy wrote:Not sure what MySQL would have to do with not being able to connect to the http service. Does the issue coincide with a reboot? Perhaps your system is auto-starting the native built components. Depending on your Linux flavor, you are probably better of using those components instead of XAMPP. If you do have those components installed, yes it will try to update them each time you update.


Hi

Thanks for your reply.

No it does not coincide with a reboot.

I'd love to use the native components, however I am afraid I don't yet have the skills or energy to commit to solving this problem (getting it running natively). I probably should put some time into this, but if I could get it working with Xampp, that would be best for me.

Q) I use Ubuntu. Should I try kill / uninstall natively installed components? I have done this previously.
Unconformed
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 27. August 2016 05:32
XAMPP version: 5.6.23
Operating System: Linux

Re: Keen to see if you can help me with my issue

Postby Nobbie » 23. January 2017 10:27

Unconformed wrote:Q) I use Ubuntu. Should I try kill / uninstall natively installed components? I have done this previously.


I would do so, but i dont know why you installed these. In my Ubuntu Desktop System none of these components are installed, i have to install it by forcing it.
Nobbie
 
Posts: 9562
Joined: 09. March 2008 13:04

Re: Keen to see if you can help me with my issue

Postby Unconformed » 24. January 2017 09:54

Nobbie wrote:
Unconformed wrote:Q) I use Ubuntu. Should I try kill / uninstall natively installed components? I have done this previously.


I would do so, but i dont know why you installed these. In my Ubuntu Desktop System none of these components are installed, i have to install it by forcing it.


Hi - I did install them at some point but I have also removed them. JJ_Tagy says they will be updated, perhaps every time I updated they are being updated too.

I am trying to get a native installation working for now. Thanks for all your time and advice its appreciated. Not being able to get this working has severely impacted my business. I just CNBF working on my environment every time I sit down to work after a long day at my day job/, it's all my fault, the info is out there.. Good lesson tho tooling is important.
Unconformed
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 27. August 2016 05:32
XAMPP version: 5.6.23
Operating System: Linux


Return to XAMPP for Linux

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests