PHP Fatal error: Class 'MySQLi' not found

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Re: PHP Fatal error: Class 'MySQLi' not found

Postby Nobbie » 25. December 2016 19:16

JJ_Tagy wrote:Semicolons make a big difference too.

Yes, but he said that he removed that semicolon in front of that line. So far, that is ok. The problem remains as "msql" and "mysqli" are by far not the same and i do NOT believe, that he "accidently" mixed it up. He lied. I asked THREE times and he lied and lied and lied. And thats to much.
Nobbie

Re: PHP Fatal error: Class 'MySQLi' not found

Postby nc3man » 28. December 2016 05:03

I am new to this forum, and when I encounter difficulties with a given application, I often search the corresponding support forum and then post a question myself if I can't find the answer to my issue. In this case someone had a problem that ultimately had to do with having multiple PHP instances installed and multiple php.ini's, including what he was using in Eclipse. This is an easy goof and posting this here may help someone in the future. You might change the title to add "Eclipse IDE" or similar so that future folks who search the forum may be helped by the resolution. I see no need for folks to berate someone for an honest mistake and accuse them of lying even. We're all trying to learn and help each other in forums like this. No matter how experienced you [think you] are, a second set of eyes can uncover sometimes deep, sometimes silly, errors.
nc3man

XAMPP version: 5.6.28-1
Operating System: linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS)

Previous

Return to XAMPP for Linux