Problems after Update Center Updated Packages

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Problems after Update Center Updated Packages

Postby washley » 15. November 2016 13:25

Wow, I have been at this all night one problem after another after another, and it probably all would have been faster just to do a fresh OS/XAMPP install.

None the less, my problem right now is "Error establishing a database connection"

I think it is due to some type of miscommunication with mysql but I have no idea what as my config files wern't changed.
My ip, http://174.118.169.84
, currently loads to
http://174.118.169.84/wordpress/index.php

It all started yesterday when I tried to fix a localhost problem in that the wordpress site wasn't loading on the net, but returning access denied. I had just got it working when apache appeared to uninstall itself from xampp.

I rebooted to find that apache2 had installed itself --but not in the xamp directory and xampp apache (lampp now returned a weird error. Basically saying apache is gone, the rest of xampp appeared to work but /xampp was stripped down and was in the german furfor xampp. Myphpadmin also appeared to disappear. I think there was an update to php7 involved, and then php5 was reinstalled as it was missing.

XAMPP: So for the apache part it gave 4 lines saying we don't know what is going on.

XAMPP: XAMPP-MySQL is already running.
XAMPP: XAMPP-ProFTPD is already running.
XAMPP for Linux started.

Anyway... I thought maybe I could just redirect the new apache2 to xampp directories by changing the apache directory from var/www to /opt/lampp/htdocs and changing some directory permissions.

This appeared to work at changing the www/var directory to direct to xamps index.php, and using the wordpress directory but it returns the database error now, and I think something is broken between mysql or myphpadmin and the wordpress site.

To me it seems like a configuration error but I havn't got the slightest idea what it is.

My wp-config.php is as follows

<?php
/** Enable W3 Total Cache */
define('WP_CACHE', true); // Added by W3 Total Cache

/**
* The base configuration for WordPress
* The wp-config.php creation script uses this file during the
* installation. You don't have to use the web site, you can
* copy this file to "wp-config.php" and fill in the values.
* This file contains the following configurations:
* * MySQL settings
* * Secret keys
* * Database table prefix
* * ABSPATH
* @link https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php
* @package WordPress
*/

// ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** //
/** The name of the database for WordPress */
define('DB_NAME', 'wordpress');

/** MySQL database username */
define('DB_USER', ''THIS IS THE CORRECT USER'');

/** MySQL database password */
define('DB_PASSWORD', 'MY PASSWORD IS HERE');

/** MySQL hostname */
define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

/** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */
define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8mb4');

/** The Database Collate type. Don't change this if in doubt. */
define('DB_COLLATE', '');

/**#@+
* Authentication Unique Keys and Salts.
* Change these to different unique phrases!
* You can generate these using the {@link https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/salt/ WordPress.org secret-key service}
* You can change these at any point in time to invalidate all existing cookies. This will force all users to have to log in again.
* @since 2.6.0
*/
define('AUTH_KEY', 'vM,M&|?i07!XaK|/bGbY}2<n)QSB(+J~{Dpu{0iq_<?)GO;h>>o2)IS[F$2<00F:');
define('SECURE_AUTH_KEY', '1$U$x&;*))MU5.oA3*t+^x8&m[85DbVXZ+$lNj(V^<sn^N4QQ>`}]XMLymHtV_VP');
define('LOGGED_IN_KEY', '-J ?|+Sq#@z)]zVN<!y@]9J`kz|O??CcpG/|D~isgk/|]TZVRm]cR?60rmlD~Q)P');
define('NONCE_KEY', '?oO4^?xN[olwoiuxt{dn5{epy[8TvX:^;!TW]7(CQ!gg$c^?&Gn(=z+tNRnH/7+T');
define('AUTH_SALT', 'Qzn|>5AfMtf}y_h{fl yZgf$hF/?ulE^j(Sr/Te)]|!4,arB;zN%cpoKdv,h}g,e');
define('SECURE_AUTH_SALT', '&8%YFhxS7*;DGDG^=U57+Yl4p{]MUg!ex:tnHw7hucsTPyG$q9?,A@SEVAY!9%/]');
define('LOGGED_IN_SALT', '*QaQ}xp6nT6vf=cZ*OVs6n X&mW`z@{XT]/)<R]A09,~nNEp^SOtS? Fx.XHY~-B');
define('NONCE_SALT', 'F(Qvy!iJT|QD6iWankVMkzy{#~k.b7z;j,#/P-&)_$Pr3AK4f(L^pcE]6OyT5)F^');

/**#@-*/

/**
* WordPress Database Table prefix.
* You can have multiple installations in one database if you give each
* a unique prefix. Only numbers, letters, and underscores please!
*/
$table_prefix = 'wp_';

/**
* For developers: WordPress debugging mode.
* Change this to true to enable the display of notices during development.
* It is strongly recommended that plugin and theme developers use WP_DEBUG
* in their development environments.
* For information on other constants that can be used for debugging,
* visit the Codex.
* @link https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress
*/
define('WP_DEBUG', false);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

/** Absolute path to the WordPress directory. */
if ( !defined('ABSPATH') )
define('ABSPATH', dirname(__FILE__) . '/');

/** Sets up WordPress vars and included files. */
require_once(ABSPATH . 'wp-settings.php');

my htdocs

# BEGIN W3TC Browser Cache
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
<IfModule mod_headers.c>
Header append Vary User-Agent env=!dont-vary
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_filter.c>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css text/x-component application/x-javascript application/javascript text/javascript text/x-js text/html text/richtext image/svg+xml text/plain text/xsd text/xsl text/xml image/bmp application/java application/msword application/vnd.ms-fontobject application/x-msdownload image/x-icon application/json application/vnd.ms-access application/vnd.ms-project application/x-font-otf application/vnd.ms-opentype application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.database application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.chart application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.formula application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text audio/ogg application/pdf application/vnd.ms-powerpoint application/x-shockwave-flash image/tiff application/x-font-ttf application/vnd.ms-opentype audio/wav application/vnd.ms-write application/font-woff application/font-woff2 application/vnd.ms-excel
<IfModule mod_mime.c>
# DEFLATE by extension
AddOutputFilter DEFLATE js css htm html xml
</IfModule>
</IfModule>
</IfModule>
<FilesMatch "\.(bmp|class|doc|docx|eot|exe|ico|json|mdb|mpp|otf|_otf|odb|odc|odf|odg|odp|ods|odt|ogg|pdf|pot|pps|ppt|pptx|svg|svgz|swf|tif|tiff|ttf|ttc|_ttf|wav|wri|woff|woff2|xla|xls|xlsx|xlt|xlw|BMP|CLASS|DOC|DOCX|EOT|EXE|ICO|JSON|MDB|MPP|OTF|_OTF|ODB|ODC|ODF|ODG|ODP|ODS|ODT|OGG|PDF|POT|PPS|PPT|PPTX|SVG|SVGZ|SWF|TIF|TIFF|TTF|TTC|_TTF|WAV|WRI|WOFF|WOFF2|XLA|XLS|XLSX|XLT|XLW)$">
<IfModule mod_headers.c>
Header unset Last-Modified
</IfModule>
</FilesMatch>
# END W3TC Browser Cache
# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /wordpress/
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /wordpress/index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

# BEGIN SAR One Click Security
# Any decent hosting should have this set, but many don't have
ServerSignature Off
<IfModule mod_autoindex.c>
IndexIgnore *
</IfModule>
# Block access to sensitive files
<Files .htaccess>
Require all denied
</Files>
<FilesMatch "^(license\.txt|readme\.html|wp-config\.php|wp-config-sample\.php|install\.php)$">
Require all denied
</FilesMatch>
# Stops dummy bots trying to register in WordPress sites that have registration disabled
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^action=register$ [NC,OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^.*registration=disabled$ [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) - [F]
</IfModule>
# Block requests looking for timthumb.php
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^(.*)/?timthumb\.php$ - [F]
</IfModule>
# Block TRACE and TRACK request methods
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^(TRACE|TRACK)$
RewriteRule (.*) - [F]
</IfModule>
# Block any query string trying to get a copy of wp-config.php file and gf_page=upload (deprecated on May 2015, update your copy of GF!).
#<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^.*=(.*wp-config\.php)|gf_page=upload$ [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) - [F]
</IfModule>
# END SAR One Click Security

My LAMPP index.php file

<?php
if (!empty($_SERVER['HTTPS']) && ('on' == $_SERVER['HTTPS'])) {
$uri = 'https:/';
} else {
$uri = 'http://';
}
$uri .= $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];
header('Location: '.$uri.'/wordpress/index.php');
exit;
?>
Something is wrong with the XAMPP installation :-(
washley

Operating System: linux

Re: Problems after Update Center Updated Packages

Postby Nobbie » 16. November 2016 00:29

Looks as if you "accidently" installed Apache, Mysql etc. from the repositories of your linux distribution (certainly via kind of software installer of your distribution), which now collides with the Xampp installation, as you cannot run both Apaches on the same IP / Port, same for Mysql etc.

Before you continue to "patch" your config files (what screws up everything and makes it even worse), undo all changes and finally de-install the wrong Apache etc., there should be an option in your system software installer.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Linux