APCu on XAMPP 7.0.5 64bit for linux

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

APCu on XAMPP 7.0.5 64bit for linux

Postby tasso85 » 16. May 2016 11:22

Hi everybody,

I have just downloaded XAMPP 7.0.5 for linux 64 bit, however it seems to be missing the new APCu extension ... Could someone explain how to properly install it?

Thanks!
tasso85

XAMPP version: 7.0.5
Operating System: Centos 7 64bit

Re: APCu on XAMPP 7.0.5 64bit for linux

Postby Nobbie » 16. May 2016 19:44

I did not check for APCu, i even dont know what it is. BUT: if Xampp lacks the extension, you cannot change that. There is no way to install foreign extensions from scratch.

If you need this extension, do not use Xampp. Instead install Apache/MySQL/PHP from the repositorys of your distribution, that is by far better maintained and you can build your own modules from scratch.
Nobbie

Re: APCu on XAMPP 7.0.5 64bit for linux

Postby tasso85 » 20. May 2016 16:47

Nobbie wrote:I did not check for APCu, i even dont know what it is. BUT: if Xampp lacks the extension, you cannot change that. There is no way to install foreign extensions from scratch.

If you need this extension, do not use Xampp. Instead install Apache/MySQL/PHP from the repositorys of your distribution, that is by far better maintained and you can build your own modules from scratch.

Actually, I found out that it was very easy to install a PHP extension from source, using XAMPP with developer files.

Just download you source, unzip/untar them, enter the new directory with sources, and then call

Code: Select all
/opt/lampp/bin/phpize
./configure --with-php-config=/opt/lampp/bin/php-config
make
make install

Then, you might need to move the compiled extension to the extension dir and enable it in php.ini
tasso85

XAMPP version: 7.0.5
Operating System: Centos 7 64bit

Return to XAMPP for Linux