MySQL.sock problem

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MySQL.sock problem

Postby kargoe » 09. September 2004 05:16

Hi all,

First off, great app.

I am having problems with certain applications that I am installing in getting them to work with the latest version of XAMPP.

Specifically, Bugzilla... and one other that I do not recall. Apparently there is some process that sets up the mysql.sock (which I have read is not a file but a 'connector'?).

All PHP/MySQL setups work well. However, when anything is calling to the MYSQL DB using a connector other than through PHP I get an error just like or similar to the following which I believe stems from something from PERL:
DBI connect('host=localhost;database=bugs;port=3306','bugs',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DBI.pm line 606
DBI::__ANON__('undef','undef') called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DBI.pm line 663
DBI::connect('DBI','DBI:mysql:host=localhost;database=bugs;port=3306','','','HASH(0x81a1da0)') called at Bugzilla/DB.pm line 146
Bugzilla::DB::_connect('DBI:mysql:host=localhost;database=bugs;port=3306') called at Bugzilla/DB.pm line 138
Bugzilla::DB::connect_main() called at Bugzilla.pm line 143
Bugzilla::dbh('Bugzilla') called at Bugzilla/DB.pm line 60
Bugzilla::DB::SendSQL('SELECT 1 FROM group_control_map WHERE entry != 0 LIMIT 1') called at globals.pl line 448
main::AnyEntryGroups() called at /opt/lampp/htdocs/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi line 60
at Bugzilla/DB.pm line 146

I tried installing the DBD::MYSQL module in Perl, along with a bunch of others, yet I still get this similar error.

I SUSPECT this could be something as simple as a .conf file that I need to change however I am unsure. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Einglisch Bitte. Danke.
-=Karl
kargoe

Return to XAMPP for Linux