Recompile PHP - LAMPP with FDF support

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Recompile PHP - LAMPP with FDF support

Postby ChrisW » 08. September 2004 14:31

Hi All,

Having spent the day scouring the net, I have now all but given up for today... I have been using XAMPP on Windows for about 18 months on an Intranet project.

In the Windows version of XAMPP, FDF support is compiled in, with the binary and you just have to enable the extension in the php.ini file to get it working.

However I have now given up on Windows and started using Linux RedHat Fedora2.

I have install LAMPP and yes all works well.... except I NEED FDF.

I've downloaded Adobe FDF toolkit and got the .so and .h files, I ran PHPinfo() and copied the ./confiigure section as the top, I downloaded the source (dev) version of LAMPP, and even downloaded the full PHP src from php.net.

What I can work out is what to do next.

There is on makefile, confiigure.in or configure files in the LAMPP dev directory.

Can someone tell me how you recompile the PHP section (even if it is to include another module) or can we get FDF support included in the next release of LAMPP... please :(

Come all you Linux guru's .... you don't want me to go back to windows do you ??

Chris
ChrisW

Postby Kristian Marcroft » 08. September 2004 14:48

Hi,

the options used for PHP 4.3.8 in XAMPP are as follow:

Code: Select all
env ORACLE_HOME="/opt/oracle/OraHome1" CFLAGS="-O6 -I$ORACLE_HOME/network/public -I/opt/lampp/include/libpng -I/opt/lampp/include/ncurses -I/opt/lampp/include -L/opt/lampp/lib" ./configure --prefix=/opt/lampp --with-apxs2=/opt/lampp/bin/apxs --with-config-file-path=/opt/lampp/etc --with-mysql=/opt/lampp --disable-debug --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --enable-ctype --enable-dbase --enable-discard-path --enable-exif --enable-filepro --enable-force-cgi-redirect --enable-ftp --enable-gd-imgstrttf --enable-gd-native-ttf --with-ttf --enable-magic-quotes --enable-memory-limit --enable-safe-mode --enable-shmop --enable-sigchild --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-track-vars --enable-trans-sid --enable-versioning --enable-wddx --enable-yp --with-ftp --with-gdbm=/opt/lampp --with-jpeg-dir=/opt/lampp --with-png-dir=/opt/lampp --with-tiff-dir=/opt/lampp --with-freetype-dir=/opt/lampp --without-xpm --with-zlib=yes --with-zlib-dir=/opt/lampp --with-openssl=/opt/lampp --with-expat-dir=/opt/lampp --enable-xslt --with-xslt-sablot=/opt/lampp -with-ming=/opt/lampp --with-dom=/opt/lampp --with-ldap=/opt/lampp --with-ncurses=/opt/lampp --with-gd --with-imap-dir=/opt/lampp --with-imap-ssl --with-imap=/opt/lampp --with-gettext=/opt/lampp  --with-mssql=/opt/lampp --with-interbase=/opt/interbase --with-mysql-sock=/opt/lampp/var/mysql/mysql.sock --with-oci8=shared --with-mcrypt=/opt/lampp --with-mhash=/opt/lampp --enable-sockets --enable-mbstring=all --with-curl=/opt/lampp --enable-mbregex --enable-zend-multibyte --with-zip=/opt/lampp --enable-exif --with-bz2=/opt/lampp

You might have to change a couple of things like Oracle or simular.
But thats what XAMPP is compiled with originaly. Good Luck! ;)

So long
KriS
Kristian Marcroft
AF Moderator

Still missing something obvious

Postby ChrisW » 08. September 2004 16:06

Hi KriS

Thanx for the reply... however I am missing something big (and obvious here).

Please go back to step 1. (sorry).

Once I extract the LAMPP dev src - how do the options you posted have anything to do with the dev files.

I have searched the LAMPP src directories and there is no makefile, no configure.in etc.

I have downloaded the PHP source and it includes the makefile etc in the top level directory once you extract it, however there does not appear to be any of these type of files in the LAMPP dev directory.

Do I create a configure file somehow with the contents of 'options' or do I have to somehow merge the php.net src with the LAMPP.

I can compile the PHP.net source but something seems to be missing in the LAMPP dev.

I have dirs: build, doc, include, info, lib, man, and manual under the LAMPP TLD but no configure or make files, just .h and .mk files in various directories.

I can't find ANY posts on how you compile XAMPP / LAMPP source dev - for the complete moron that is :wink:

Chris
ChrisW

Return to XAMPP for Linux