Apache automatically adds second directory copies into path

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Apache automatically adds second directory copies into path

Postby cyberbaffled » 09. April 2015 02:04

I'm attempting to get ahead of the game with this post. The problem occurs with a Red Hat server, but I'm assuming it will recur on my Xamp installation. The following -in quotes- was posted on a Red Hat distribution forum. They were clueless other than to suggest some conf.d directive is the cause of the bizarre behavior. Which directive I'm attempting to determine.

"Apache automatically adds directories to my physical path. I create a physical path such as " /var/www/vhosts/my_domain.us/zencart" in which my index.php file is in the "zencart" directory. I then

attempt to open the zencart application with the url "httpds://www.my_domain.us" and I get a 404 Not Found error with an associated error_log message:

[Thu Apr 02 23:09:21 2015] [error] [client 67.190.29.70] File does not exist: /var/www/vhosts/my_domain.us/my_domain.us/zencart/zencart.

Two new folders have been added to the physical path. There is also an associated problem. The above error_log message is sometimes generated without ftp displaying an adjusted physical path;

i.e., with an unchanged, correct physical path displayed.

Any insight into this conundrum would be greatly appreciated."
cyberbaffled

Operating System: windows 7

Re: Apache automatically adds second directory copies into p

Postby Nobbie » 09. April 2015 12:01

That looks as if a rewrite of an URL is going wrong. There may be a .htaccess file which contains the rewrite rules.

or

An existing installation is moved to another path without properly adapting DocumentRoot or some config variables or similar.

This is quite impossible to determine without any further knowledge, but it is definately not a bug of Apache or similar.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Linux