I'm attempting to create a new virtual site based on a site that was created by a different developer that is no longer with the company. I have taken the following steps:
1. Reviewed the httpd.conf file. The virtual host configurations are stored in /srv/websites/conf/enabled
# Include the virtual host configurations:
2. Copied one .conf file to a different one with a new name
cp -rp /srv/websites/conf/enabled/site1.conf /srv/websites/conf/enabled/site2.conf
3. Modified site2.conf as follows:
4. Copied the existing site directory to the new site
cp -rp /srv/websites/site1 /srv/websites/site2
5. Restarted Apache sudo service httpd restart
The new website will not open in a web browser http:/site2.company.com - I only get a "this page cannot be displayed".
Can you point me in the right direction? What step(s) am I missing?