Errors when trying to compile+install module_scgi.so

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Errors when trying to compile+install module_scgi.so

Postby Grimshred » 14. December 2014 18:59

I am unable to compite and install the module module_scgi.so

XAMPP 1.8.3-4
Ubuntu 14.04
module url: http://python.ca/scgi/releases/scgi-1.14.tar.gz

sudo /opt/lampp/bin/apxs -i -c mod_scgi.c produces the following:
Code: Select all
/opt/lampp/build/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc -std=gnu99 -prefer-pic -I/opt/lampp/include/c-client -I/opt/lampp/include/libpng -I/opt/lampp/include/freetype2 -O3 -L/opt/lampp/lib -I/opt/lampp/include -I/opt/lampp/include/ncurses  -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -pthread -I/opt/lampp/include  -I/opt/lampp/include/apr-1   -I/opt/lampp/include/apr-1 -I/opt/lampp/include  -c -o mod_scgi.lo mod_scgi.c && touch mod_scgi.slo
/opt/lampp/build/libtool: 1555: /opt/lampp/build/libtool: preserve_args+= --silent: not found
/opt/lampp/build/libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= gcc: not found
/opt/lampp/build/libtool: 2419: /opt/lampp/build/libtool: later+= -prefer-pic: not found
/opt/lampp/build/libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -std=gnu99: not found
/opt/lampp/build/libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -I/opt/lampp/include/c-client: not found
/opt/lampp/build/libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -I/opt/lampp/include/libpng: not found
/opt/lampp/build/libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -I/opt/lampp/include/freetype2: not found
/opt/lampp/build/libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -O3: not found
/opt/lampp/build/libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -L/opt/lampp/lib: not found
/opt/lampp/build/libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -I/opt/lampp/include: not found
/opt/lampp/build/libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -I/opt/lampp/include/ncurses: not found
/opt/lampp/build/libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -D_REENTRANT: not found
/opt/lampp/build/libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -D_GNU_SOURCE: not found
/opt/lampp/build/libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE: not found
/opt/lampp/build/libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -pthread: not found
/opt/lampp/build/libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -I/opt/lampp/include: not found
/opt/lampp/build/libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -I/opt/lampp/include/apr-1: not found
/opt/lampp/build/libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -I/opt/lampp/include/apr-1: not found
/opt/lampp/build/libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -c: not found
libtool: compile: you must specify a compilation command
libtool: compile: Try `libtool --help --mode=compile' for more information.
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536

I have also tried compiling and installing the version 1.12.
Tried installing while Apache was running, and while it wasn't running, same results.
The directories/files states in the error output do exist and are valid.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Grimshred

Operating System: Ubuntu 14.04

Re: Errors when trying to compile+install module_scgi.so

Postby Lam3 » 13. June 2015 22:38

I have the same problem!!! And found the same solution, but without successful to solute the problem.
[]'s.
Lam3

Operating System: Linux

Re: Errors when trying to compile+install module_scgi.so

Postby Nobbie » 14. June 2015 14:51

You may solve the initial problem by editing /opt/lampp/build/libtool and replace in the very first line

#! /bin/sh

by

#! /bin/bash

Then the C Compiler will be called correctly, BUT this module has not been touched since many years (looks like 2008 or 2009) and there are lots of syntax errors due to newer compiler releases. I dont think that you (or someone else) can fix all these problems, you may try to open an error report on the developers site of mod_scgi, but I dont know whether this module is still maintained.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Linux