XAMPP :: source code location

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP :: source code location

Postby hmachefe » 05. December 2013 19:40

Hi there. I've read a lot about XAMPP but never managed to find the source code with build instructions.
The lonely relevant location I figured out is http://svn.xampp.org/trunk/ however there is no configure
file nor autogen.sh script to generate XAMPP binary (as a project for Linux) from its sources. It doesn't
look straightforward, I mean...

Thanks in advance,
best regards.

Hugo MACHEFER
hmachefe

Operating System: Linux

Re: XAMPP :: source code location

Postby Nobbie » 06. December 2013 23:02

hmachefe wrote:Hi there. I've read a lot about XAMPP but never managed to find the source code with build instructions.

Xampp does not deliver source code (neither the makefiles for building on your own).

Formerly (i dont know up to which release) Xampp provided "development" package (in order to include and compile other modules), but i also cannot find any package. You should write an email to the Xampp team directly.

I think that it is quite better for you to go for the packages which are delivered with your linux distribution. In fact, i cannot see a reason for using Xampp in Linux (as most distributions includes everything you need and its integrated in the repositories). Xampp is a nice install for Windows, but for me there is no reason for a linux based Xampp.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Linux