Change the Location of Document Root into Windows Partition

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Change the Location of Document Root into Windows Partition

Postby Jati Nurohman » 28. May 2013 03:18

Hi everybody, can i use my windows partition to place my document root? i wanna change my document root into my windows partition, i have tried to use symlink, and also manually change it, but I always got same problems, "access forbidden". but when the document root is placed in htdocs on /opt, i didnt get a problem. (i use Linux Mint Debian Edition and Windows 7/Dual Boot). can anybody help me? thanks.
Jati Nurohman

Operating System: Linux Mint Debian Edition

Re: Change the Location of Document Root into Windows Partit

Postby Nobbie » 28. May 2013 23:03

Of course you can set DocumentRoot to the Windows Partition. But you should not use symlink, simply point to the mountpoint and folder you need.

And most important (and this is quite surely the problem): the UserID which executes Apache (see "User" in httpd.conf) MUST HAVE sufficient rights in the filesystem to access the partition.
Nobbie

Re: Change the Location of Document Root into Windows Partit

Postby Jati Nurohman » 29. May 2013 01:20

Yes, i have tried not to use symlink and i just place the document root in windows partition mount point, but after that, i still found a problem, "access forbidden".

for your solution for configure the user, i still not understand, can u give me step by step to do that? thanks
Jati Nurohman

Operating System: Linux Mint Debian Edition

Return to XAMPP for Linux