I've got a problem: I installed XAMPP 1.8 on a Ubuntu 12.04 Virtual machine in order to publish a WordPress website. Everything worked fine and my website is almost finished. A few days ago a made a request for my domain (http://www.projectweb.it) to point the public IP address given to the virtual machine. The request was processed correctly but I still get an "error 101" trying to access my website from the internet. Inside my local network everything works fine. I did'n touch default configs, except that i ran lampp security and set all the passwords.
Do you have any clue?
- Log files simply doesn't sense any http request from outside local network
- I don't have a physical firewall: port 80 on that public IP (126.96.36.199) is enabled (you won't ping it with common tools, as pings should being filtered).
- I can't even run xampp admin panel from outside (inside local network works great!)
- I have an almost identical installation on another virtual machine on another public IP address, but it runs Joomla.
- I am not, as you may expect, an expert on linux systems
If you need me to show any part of config files... please tell me what to check!
Thanks and have a nice day!