PHP ODBC Module for XAMP 1.7.7 RHEL 4?

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

PHP ODBC Module for XAMP 1.7.7 RHEL 4?

Postby gunit_84 » 26. July 2012 03:46

:shock:

Hi All,
I have XAMPP 1.7.7 installed on a RHEL 4 Server. I am aware this does not include the php-odbc module.

[root@SRV01 unixODBC-2.3.1]# php -v
PHP 5.3.8 (cli) (built: Sep 19 2011 13:29:27)
Copyright (c) 1997-2011 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2011 Zend Technologies
with Xdebug v2.1.3, Copyright (c) 2002-2012, by Derick Rethans

I know that upgrading to the latest XAMPP 1.8.0 does not fix this problem.

I am wondering how I would compile this into XAMPP? As there is no option for --with-unixODBC[=DIR] http://www.php.net/manual/en/odbc.installation.php

As you can see below there is NO --with-unixODBC option....

[root@SRV01 bin]# /opt/lampp/bin/php-config
Usage: /opt/lampp/bin/php-config [OPTION]
Options:
--prefix [/opt/lampp]
--includes [-I/opt/lampp/include/php -I/opt/lampp/include/php/main -I/opt/lampp/include/php/TSRM -I/opt/lampp/include/php/Zend -I/opt/lampp/include/php/ext -I/opt/lampp/include/php/ext/date/lib]
--ldflags [ -L/opt/lampp/lib -L/opt/lampp/postgresql/lib]
--libs [-lcrypt -lc-client -lexslt -lct -lcrypt -lrt -lpq -lsybdb -lmcrypt -lldap -llber -lcrypto -lssl -lcrypto -lcrypt -lintl -lfreetype -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lcrypto -lssl -lcrypto -lgdbm -lcurl -lbz2 -lz -lsqlite3 -lcrypto -lssl -lcrypto -lrt -lm -ldl -lnsl -lxml2 -lz -lm -lcurl -lxml2 -lz -lm -lm -licui18n -licuuc -licudata -lm -licuio -lxml2 -lz -lm -lxml2 -lz -lm -lcrypt -lxml2 -lz -lm -lxml2 -lz -lm -lxml2 -lz -lm -lxml2 -lz -lm -lxslt -lxml2 -lz -lm -lcrypt ]
--extension-dir [/opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626]
--include-dir [/opt/lampp/include/php]
--man-dir [/opt/lampp/man]
--php-binary [/opt/lampp/bin/php]
--php-sapis [cli apache2handler]
--configure-options [--prefix=/opt/lampp --with-apxs2=/opt/lampp/bin/apxs --with-config-file-path=/opt/lampp/etc --with-mysql=mysqlnd --enable-inline-optimization --disable-debug --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --enable-ctype --enable-exif --enable-ftp --enable-gd-native-ttf --enable-magic-quotes --enable-shmop --disable-sigchild --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-wddx --with-gdbm=/opt/lampp --with-jpeg-dir=/opt/lampp --with-png-dir=/opt/lampp --with-freetype-dir=/opt/lampp --with-zlib=yes --with-zlib-dir=/opt/lampp --with-openssl=/opt/lampp --with-xsl=/opt/lampp --with-ldap=/opt/lampp --with-gd --with-imap-ssl --with-imap=/opt/lampp --with-gettext=/opt/lampp --with-mssql=/opt/lampp --with-sybase-ct=/opt/lampp --with-interbase=shared,/opt/interbase --with-mysql-sock=/opt/lampp/var/mysql/mysql.sock --with-oci8=shared,instantclient,/opt/lampp/lib/instantclient --with-mcrypt=/opt/lampp --with-mhash=/opt/lampp --enable-sockets --enable-mbstring=all --with-curl=/opt/lampp --enable-mbregex --enable-zend-multibyte --enable-exif --with-bz2=/opt/lampp --with-sqlite=shared,/opt/lampp --with-sqlite3=/opt/lampp --with-libxml-dir=/opt/lampp --enable-soap --enable-pcntl --with-mysqli=mysqlnd --with-pgsql=shared,/opt/lampp/postgresql --with-iconv --with-pdo-mysql=mysqlnd --with-pdo-pgsql=/opt/lampp/postgresql --with-pdo-sqlite --enable-intl --with-icu-dir=/opt/lampp --enable-fileinfo --enable-phar]
--version [5.3.8]
--vernum [50308]

I have downloaded the XAMPP Development Package except I am kind of clueless what do with this....

I extract unixODBC-2.2.11.tar.gz The module I need to convert to a php.so

I run phpize from the root dir ofd within the unixODBC-2.2.11

[root@SRV01 unixODBC-2.2.11]# phpize
Cannot find config.m4.
Make sure that you run '/opt/lampp/bin/phpize' in the top level source directory of the module

Errors all over the net claim the reason for the above error is because it's not getting ran in the root dir where you have extracted the source. However I am running it in the /opt/lampp/unixODBC-2.2.11 as root and have chowned all files and folders as root. And have even added this into my PATH. export PATH=$PATH:/opt/lampp/unixODBC-2.2.11

However when I did extract unixODBC-2.2.11 it does not actually contain a config.m4, perhaps this cannot be converted???

Are there other ways to create or add a php module into XAMPP?

Please help....

Thanks
gunit_84

Operating System: Linux RHEL 4

Re: PHP ODBC Module for XAMP 1.7.7 RHEL 4?

Postby JonB » 26. July 2012 15:44

You might want to check this -

http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?37,163683,163769

even though the reply is old, it leads to a page with the up-to-date connectors

Good Luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Linux