Why do you think you need to compile your Modules?
The lampp upgrade process 'should' have fixed all the Apache modules (.so) however I need to research this. The upgrade was a 'diff' process, which is an incremental change engine.
At the moment - my converted VM's seem to be working correctly (and I have one live server, also converted.), however I don't know the full answer. Have you checked your /modules/*.so files against a Full DL of 1.8.0?
I will do some research and ask questions
OK - I have now checked two VM's and Dl'ed full versions of both 1.7.7 & 1.8.0 clean. I checked my converted 1.7.7 to 1.8.0 VM, and the file sizes and dates are the same as the full version of 1.8.0 - OTHER than modules with the same File size and md5 as the prior version (for instance mod_apreq2.so 15748b May
. This indicates the diff engine worked correctly. I also have looked at the dates in my 1.7.7 unconverted VM, and they agree with the clean DL.
Did you use the xampp-upgrade/start 'method'?
- Code: Select all
[root@localhost lampp]# cd xampp-upgrade
[root@localhost xampp-upgrade]# ls -l
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 17984 Jul 15 12:25 COPYING
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 55890814 Jul 15 12:25 data.tar.gz
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4096 Jul 15 12:25 diffs
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 58688 Jul 15 12:25 patch
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 3201 Jul 15 12:25 start
[root@localhost xampp-upgrade]# cd ..
[root@localhost lampp]# xampp-upgrade/start
Stopping XAMPP for Linux 1.7.7...
XAMPP: Stopping Apache with SSL...
XAMPP: Stopping MySQL...
XAMPP: Stopping ProFTPD...
Upgrading 1.7.7 to 1.8.0...
Installing new files...
Upgrading existing files...
patching file `lampp/etc/extra/httpd-userdir.conf'
I also had to run a MySQL upgrade - the 'start' script prompted me to do that as well.