source code error

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

source code error

Postby lizardCat » 05. June 2012 02:46

i did use a password of 2f'q3tr7t.41h .And looking at what is copied and pasted here. it looks like the source code in #opt/lamp/lamp does not accept single quotes.

i assume #/opt/lamp/lamp is a sub shell by what its icon looks like.
where can a person find addition parameters for #opt/lamp/lamp besides security.
could i please get some assistance on how to work with this situation.
i did do a check sum after download from source forge and the download was okay.

thank you

this is copy pasted from the interlude with #opt/lamp/lamp security
Code: Select all
XAMPP: Do you want to set a password? [yes] y
XAMPP: Password:
XAMPP: Password (again):
XAMPP: Setting new MySQL pma password.
ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'q3tr7t.z41h') where User = 'pma'' at line 1
XAMPP: Setting phpMyAdmin's pma password to the new one.
------------------------------------------------------------
and the password below was z4[to'f8rz93h6
-----------------------------------------------------------
XAMPP: Setting new MySQL root password.
ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'f8rz93h6') where User = 'root'' at line 1
XAMPP: Change phpMyAdmin's authentication method.
XAMPP: The FTP password for user 'nobody' is still set to 'lampp'.
lizardCat

Operating System: Mac 10.6.8

Re: source code error

Postby JonB » 05. June 2012 06:15

A. /opt/lampp/lampp is a bash script. It is self-documented. Open it in a programmers editor or IDE that supports bash syntax to see what it is doing. You will see it leads to a script /opt/lampp/share/lampp/checkall that runs the 'security options'. Each section is a script that does one part.

B. Its telling you it could not parse the results of the values passed to the script(s). Did you embed a single quote or backtick in the password(s)? I don't think the script is looking for any "punctuation/delimiters" for the passwords-- HOWEVER the single quote is a field delimiter for the MySQL command line (which is what the scripts are doing) -- thus I suspect you can't use single quotes in passwords if they are passed via the command line. (you might be able to enter them directly).

Edited - found in a Perl MySQL regex

# No spaces, double quotes, single quotes, backticks, backslash, commas
# Otherwise, ASCII characters 33-126 accepted.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/administrator/ ... ation.html
Password: Password that is specified when connecting to the MySQL server. Note that this password has nothing to do with passwords you might use elsewhere on your operating system. Again, don't use special characters or spaces for the password

C. Looking at your profile info, I'm confused here - this is the Linux forum - Are you on a Mac or Linux, and what version of XAMPP/lampp are we talking about??? :?:

Good Luck
8)

ycfb
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Linux