How to install adodb in xampp

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

How to install adodb in xampp

Postby carleja » 25. November 2011 11:36

Sorry for my english.

I would like how to install adodb in xampp. Xampp version is: 1.7.1 running on RHEL v.5

Thanks.
carleja

Operating System: linux

Re: How to install adodb in xampp

Postby JonB » 25. November 2011 23:21

I'll take a look at the issue tonight or tomorrow morning, I'm not sure if it will be easily done. I don't have a LAMPP 1.7.1 box to test on, so it will require a bit of research. Did you check your phpinfo()??? Some older LAMPP version had adodb support. Should I presume you want to use it with PHP???

Good Luck
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Re: How to install adodb in xampp

Postby JonB » 28. November 2011 19:22

OK - a couple of things need to be said -

A. LAMPP is not a traditional LAMP stack, in order for XAMPP to be simple to install and 'all in one place' - many components are not in their normal location/path in the filesystem. This means that some auto-installers might not work right.

B. I have checked there is no built-in support in LAMPP 1.7.1 for ADOdb. (and I checked the DL package)

Therefore you have a couple of choices

Go to an earlier version of LAMPP that has adodb support (PHP won't be up-to-date)

Use an RPM repository that can install php5_adodb.
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/3/ ... /php-adodb
You may be able to copy the .so file after installation to /opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626

Google - 'yum rhel5 php-adodb'

You may be able to compile form source, you will need the XAMMP/LAMPP developers package that includes the source/build/make to recompile LAMPP and/or its components.

Use the Windows version of XAMPP has support for adodb in the current version.

Build a standard LAMP stack, and use yum to install.

Good Luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Linux