lampp start errors on linux ubuntu os

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

lampp start errors on linux ubuntu os

Postby Abbas_Mazbouh » 06. March 2011 13:47

Hi after I downloaded xampp and unpacked it as it showed me to do on the web site to a new directory called opt.
I tried to run the : sudo opt/lampp/lampp start
and I got all the below errors. Can any one please help? Thanks.

cat: /opt/lampp/lib/VERSION: No such file or directory
opt/lampp/lampp: line 126: /opt/lampp/share/lampp/selinux: No such file or directory
Starting XAMPP for Linux ...
opt/lampp/lampp: line 133: /opt/lampp/share/lampp/nogroupcheck: No such file or directory
opt/lampp/lampp: line 126: /opt/lampp/share/lampp/selinux: No such file or directory
opt/lampp/lampp: line 506: /opt/lampp/share/lampp/phpstatus: No such file or directory
XAMPP: Starting Apache...
opt/lampp/lampp: line 226: /opt/lampp/bin/apachectl: No such file or directory
XAMPP: Error 127! Couldn't start Apache!
opt/lampp/lampp: line 233: /opt/lampp/share/lampp/diagnose: No such file or directory
XAMPP: Starting MySQL...
opt/lampp/lampp: line 253: /opt/lampp/bin/mysql.server: No such file or directory
XAMPP: Couldn't start MySQL!
opt/lampp/lampp: line 140: /opt/lampp/share/lampp/alladdons: No such file or directory
XAMPP for Linux started.
Abbas_Mazbouh

Re: lampp start errors on linux ubuntu os

Postby glitzi85 » 06. March 2011 14:35

Did you verify the checksum of the downloaded tar.gz archive? If not, please do so. If the checksum does not match (http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-linux.html#374) please download XAMPP again (preferred from another mirror) and extract it again.

glitzi
glitzi85

Postby Abbas_Mazbouh » 06. March 2011 16:36

glitzi85, thank you for your reply I downloaded xampp yesterday from the following link
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-linux.html#374
the size on the web site is 75 MB but I presume it is the approximate size as on my laptop the size when I right click and select properties is:
74.5 MB (78086734 bytes)

so what do you think I should do I think that size is ok, what I am gona do as I finish typing that message is delete the unzipped lampp folder and re unzipped again from the command line, and see what the result is, in the mean time if you think of any think else that might be causing the problem please reply.

Thanks again.
Abbas_Mazbouh

Postby Abbas_Mazbouh » 06. March 2011 17:12

Hi again, after I run the sudo rm -r lampp and managed to delete the folder I run the following command as on the xampp web site : tar xvfz xampp-linux-1.7.4.tar.gz -C /opt

it did work and that is the result:
sudo /opt/lampp/lampp start
Starting XAMPP for Linux 1.7.4...
XAMPP: Starting Apache with SSL (and PHP5)...
XAMPP: Starting MySQL...
XAMPP: Starting ProFTPD...
XAMPP for Linux started.

what i think happened I created yesterday a directory under my home directory called opt and unzipped the xampp into it. but today when i run the above command it created an opt directory for me under / (root).

Thanks for all who have helped or tried to help.
Abbas_Mazbouh

Return to XAMPP for Linux