Appologizing in advance, for my beginner level : I am doing in DIY way... (using UBUNTU 10.04 )
- wishing to install vTIGERCRM, I did the below :
- installed XAMP ( /opt/lampp )
- checked out : works perfectly
- checked the http.config file for the web root ; found the following : ServerRoot "/opt/lampp"
- extracted the filesystem of vTIGERCRM ( .tar.gz) , resulting into a folder with a lot of files and subfolders into the /opt/lampp
- granted to vTIGERCRM the r/w rights : chmod -R a+rw filename(vtigercrm)
- started lampp server (/opt/lampp start)
- typed into the browser : 127.0.0.1/vtigercrm
-result : error code 404
- moved the VTIGERCRM folder into /opt/lampp/var
- stopped, than started xamp
- typed into the browser 127.0.0.1/vtigercrm
- result : error code 404
- where shall the new folder be placed, in order to be accessed through the webserver ?
- what else shall be corrected ? reconfigured ?
Thank you in advance for the support/help/hints.
- get the errormessage: 404