Infos

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Infos

Postby reflets de vert » 03. July 2010 09:06

Hello everyone,

I searched everywhere with many different keywords and did not found any general info about xampp, apache, perl, mysql,

I like understand things when I use it, and I did not found anything about - simply - what is apache, what is mysql and how can I use it, how these things work, how these things work together, how I can use them to do a site in localhost, if I must modify and create files directly with my file browser in htdocs.

For me all these internet systems are now like thermodynamics. I wonder where we can find some general info, some guide in the same league of these kind of great guides ( http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Beginners%27_Guide )

If somebody know some really didactic, progressive, good and simple documentation I'll be happy.
Otherwise I'll write it myself if I success to understand something.

I'm using archlinux.

I'm sorry if I'm not so diplomatic, or some other issue…
reflets de vert

Re: Infos

Postby newbie2244 » 25. August 2010 20:50

Greetings-

If you learn/understand German, you can buy the XAMPP book, (available only in German). Think of it as a silver lining in your cloud. You'll learn/improve(your) German and get valuable info about XAMPP. Also, the German forums are more detailed than the English ones.
If you can manage it, you'll learn alot.

Regards
newbie2244

Return to XAMPP for Linux