Recent error

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Recent error

Postby chuckdowning » 25. March 2010 18:54

I am running Linux Mint 5, which is based on Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS. This week I am experiencing the following error message from Firefox 3.0.17 when I try to access localhost:

"Redirect Loop

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The site is redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.

* Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?
* NOTE: If accepting the site's cookies does not resolve the problem, it is likely a server configuration issue and not your computer."

I think Linux Mint recently updated to kernel 2.6.24-27 and Firefox was recently upgraded to version 3.0.17. It was after one of these upgrades that I could no longer access xampp.

This morning, I downloaded xampp 1.7.3a and replaced the same version which I had made by upgrading from 1.7.2. I restored all of my previous .conf and .ini files. mysql works from the command line and all of the databases are still there. PHP 5 works to the extent of telling me that it is version 5.3.1. I can restart xampp from the command line, but still get the error from Firefox.

Since I am on the road, that is all the info I have about solving the problem. Can anyone help, anyway?

Chuck Downing
Highlands Ranch, Colorado, USA

Thanks.
chuckdowning

Re: Recent error--explained (maybe)

Postby chuckdowning » 28. March 2010 22:45

I have returned home, where I have a wired connection to the internet. For some reason, I can now connect to localhost and do all I did before I left. I will chase the bug.
chuckdowning

Return to XAMPP for Linux