CnM Minibook 7" and Xampp.

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

CnM Minibook 7" and Xampp.

Postby bolverk » 01. December 2009 23:43

Hi I'm from Poland. I was seeking a cheap netbook to install a Xampp to develop websites in PHP. I have found a CnM Minibook 7" with Linux(widows interface) installed, from what I have read it is a modified version of Debian. I asked on forums if that kind of netbook can have Xampp installed (the hardware specification is: processor XBurst 400 MHz 32-bit CPU, 2GB storage and an SD card slot, 32-bit CPU and has 128MB of DDR 2 memory, 800 x 480 pixel display). All the users said that it is possible to install Xampp or Apache, MySQL and PHP as the modules. Then I asked my brother who lives in UK to buy the CnM Minibook for me(since it is cheaper to buy it in my country). But just before I got news from him that he bought CnM Minibook 7" I got response from company which was selling CnM's in my country that installing Xampp, or either Apache, MySQL and PHP as modules is not possible.
I'm afraid that this purchase won't be turn back. From here lies my question. Is it really impossible to install Xampp, or Apache, MySQL and PHP as modules in this kind of hardware like CnM Minibook 7" with Linux?
In http://www.cnmlifestyle.com I have com in two applications: Root Access(which gives the root console access), and XTerm (it provides DEC VT102 and Tektronix 4014 compatible terminals for programs that cannot use the window system directly).
With these two things installed can i get the root acces from which I can Install xampp or The Apache, MySQL and PHP as the modules?
bolverk

Re: CnM Minibook 7" and Xampp.

Postby Nobbie » 02. December 2009 12:51

bolverk wrote:But just before I got news from him that he bought CnM Minibook 7" I got response from company which was selling CnM's in my country that installing Xampp, or either Apache, MySQL and PHP as modules is not possible.

So why dont you THEM whether its possible or not, and why it fails?

bolverk wrote:I'm afraid that this purchase won't be turn back. From here lies my question. Is it really impossible to install Xampp, or Apache, MySQL and PHP as modules in this kind of hardware like CnM Minibook 7" with Linux?

Still, ask them - they told you that it does not work, nobody else.

Or, by far better: simply try it and after you tell us, whether it works or not. You cannot give back your Notebook anyway, so why do you ask instead of simply installing Xampp and look what happens?

bolverk wrote:In http://www.cnmlifestyle.com I have com in two applications: Root Access(which gives the root console access), and XTerm (it provides DEC VT102 and Tektronix 4014 compatible terminals for programs that cannot use the window system directly).
With these two things installed can i get the root acces from which I can Install xampp or The Apache, MySQL and PHP as the modules?

Why not, all you need is a console with "root" (superuser) id. And the "tar" command, but i think, that there is a fully installed shell environment. If there are no commands (programs) for extracting/unpacking the Xampp package, you will get troubles. But you could unpack that package on a different PC and upload (or copy) the whole directory structure manually. Anyway, i think that there will be "tar" and "/bin/sh" and all the things you need.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Linux