How does one "recompile" PHP under apachefriends for linux.

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

How does one "recompile" PHP under apachefriends for linux.

Postby rmueller1958 » 04. November 2009 20:38

I am in a bit of a pickle,

Have two moodle boxes one running 1.6.8a XAMPP/Linux the new one running 1.7.2 Xampp/Linux.

We have deployed 'Moodle' on both boxes, Moodle is find except for the LIBXML2 parser in the 1.7.2 Works fine in old version, not new one. PHP does have a "bug" fix, is there a way to "download' the latest and greatest libxml2.so and relink it without a full compile of PHP? if NOT how does one go about building a minor revision bugfix to correct the issue.. It is with the PHP version deployed in 1.72.
rmueller1958

Re: How does one "recompile" PHP under apachefriends for linux.

Postby Nobbie » 04. November 2009 22:30

rmueller1958 wrote:is there a way to "download' the latest and greatest libxml2.so and relink it without a full compile of PHP?

Yes:

Download and install the "Xampp Development Package" http://www.apachefriends.org/download.p ... 7.2.tar.gz

Download the latest source code of libxml2 (Google for it, I dont know where to get it from)

Compile and install libxml2 module (i.e. running "configure", "make", make install"). Supply appropriate parameters to "configure" (usually "./configure --help" will show basic help).

Restart Apache
Nobbie

Re: How does one "recompile" PHP under apachefriends for linux.

Postby rmueller1958 » 05. November 2009 15:37

I backed down to 1.6.8a on the 2nd box that had 1.7.2 on it. it resolved my issues. Luckily we hadn't gotten to far down the road with the application data.
rmueller1958

Return to XAMPP for Linux