startup errors

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

startup errors

Postby ckosloff » 18. October 2009 17:48

I uncommented extension curl and gd in php.ini and now I get the following startup and stop errors:

Starting XAMPP for Linux 1.7.1...
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_curl.dll' - /opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_curl.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd.dll' - /opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

I know that if I put the semi-colon back I won't get them, however I do need those extensions to be active.
I don't get those errors in XAMPP for Windows, so why on Linux?
Thanks.
Carlos K.
ckosloff

Re: startup errors

Postby Wiedmann » 18. October 2009 17:56

so why on Linux?

Because there is no file php_curl.dll or php_gd.dll in the XAMPP/Linux package (see the error message).

BTW:
GD is already enabled in PHP (XAMPP/Linux) It's statically build in, and so you can't load is shared. Don't know if curl is also already enabled. Just look in phpinfo.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Re: startup errors

Postby ckosloff » 19. October 2009 04:11

Wiedmann wrote:GD is already enabled in PHP (XAMPP/Linux) It's statically build in, and so you can't load is shared. Don't know if curl is also already enabled. Just look in phpinfo.

Wie gehets Wiedmann?
Vielen dank.
To answer your question, I am using XAMPP 1.7.1 on purpose, because many of the programs that I want to test do not support PHP 5.3
In short, the answer is yes, curl is built-in too.
So I have what I need, and am happy.
Auf wie der sehen.
Carlos K.
ckosloff

Return to XAMPP for Linux