How to extract mysql data from xampp backup?

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Postby hanpedro » 14. August 2009 03:57

I have "xampp-backup-01-08-09.sh", and I need mysql data only.

I made centos box on virtualbox, and install xampp and copied sources from original server, and tried to "xampp-backup-01-08-09.sh".

But I have this error message:

[root:localhost:/_hanwork]# sh xampp-backup-01-08-09.sh maestro
Checking integrity of files...
Restoring configuration, log and htdocs files...
Checking versions...
Installed: XAMPP 1.6.8a
Backup from: XAMPP 1.6.5a
The backup sofware is not able to handle different XAMPP versions.
Your backuped configuration from 1.6.5a may not work with 1.6.8a and may need manually corrections.
XAMPP: Do you want to continue [no] yes
Let's try...
Restoring MySQL databases...
cdcol FAILED: ERROR 3 (HY000) at line 33: Error writing file './cdcol/cds.frm' (Errcode: 28)
dmdata FAILED: ERROR 3 (HY000) at line 33: Error writing file './dmdata/book.frm' (Errcode: 28)
phpmyadmin FAILED: ERROR 3 (HY000) at line 33: Error writing file './phpmyadmin/PMA_bookmark.frm' (Errcode: 28)
test FAILED: ERROR 3 (HY000) at line 33: Error writing file './test/testaa.frm' (Errcode: 28)
Restoring MySQL user databases...
MySQL user FAILED: ERROR 3 (HY000) at line 33: Error writing file './mysql/columns_priv.frm' (Errcode: 28)
Backup complete. Have fun!
You may need to restart XAMPP to complete the restore.

Please let me know how to extract mysql data from xampp backup?
hanpedro

Operating System: SCientific Linux 6.1 x86

Re: How to extract mysql data from xampp backup?

Postby dmphotography » 14. August 2009 19:14

It looks like you need to do one of two things:

Either re-install the older version of XAMPP you were using when you created the backup, because it's saying now you're trying to use a newer version and it's not compatible. So start with an older version first, then upgrade once you get it restored.

Or, go back to the server (if you haven't deleted it) and upgrade it, then create a new backup, which then should be compatible with the one you're using now. If you're trying to transfer your databases from one server to another, you should look into how to Export your databases, that way they can be transferred to any MySQL database server without any issues.

I don't have a tutorial on how to do that, but I'll consider writing one in the near future. You should be able to find something on it on Youtube or Google though.
For great video and written tutorials and guides on creating your own web server and installing things such as forums, blogs, etc., visit http://myownhomeserver.com
dmphotography

Operating System: Windows 7

Postby hanpedro » 14. August 2009 19:28

dmphotography/ Thanks for your kind reply.
And please do not forget pm for your tutorial.

dmphotography wrote:It looks like you need to do one of two things:

Either re-install the older version of XAMPP you were using when you created the backup, because it's saying now you're trying to use a newer version and it's not compatible. So start with an older version first, then upgrade once you get it restored.

Or, go back to the server (if you haven't deleted it) and upgrade it, then create a new backup, which then should be compatible with the one you're using now. If you're trying to transfer your databases from one server to another, you should look into how to Export your databases, that way they can be transferred to any MySQL database server without any issues.

I don't have a tutorial on how to do that, but I'll consider writing one in the near future. You should be able to find something on it on Youtube or Google though.
hanpedro

Postby dmphotography » 15. August 2009 03:35

Ok, I've finished the tutorial and this should help you as long as you still can access the old MySQL database.

http://www.myownserver.info/home/step-4 ... admin.html

I used Windows, but it should be the exact same process in Linux as well.
For great video and written tutorials and guides on creating your own web server and installing things such as forums, blogs, etc., visit http://myownhomeserver.com
dmphotography

Operating System: Windows 7

Postby hanpedro » 17. August 2009 15:14

dmphotography wrote:Ok, I've finished the tutorial and this should help you as long as you still can access the old MySQL database.

http://www.myownserver.info/home/step-4 ... admin.html

I used Windows, but it should be the exact same process in Linux as well.

Thanks for your kindness.
It's so nice guide.
hanpedro

Return to XAMPP for Linux