ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1

Postby omgwtfbbq » 18. April 2009 16:44

Good day gentlemen I've faced an interesting problem and would like to ask you if it's a bug in xampp or just me being silly...
Thank you for your time and help in advance...
I installed xampp under Xubuntu and even before starting lampp I did /opt/lampp/lampp security
I set up XAMPP pages password, turned off MySQL access via network and set an FTP password. Had no problem with that.
I started lampp (opt/lampp/lampp start) to setup MySQL and phpmyadmin passwords. I then again did /opt/lampp/lampp security
This time the output resulted in errors (I use KeePassX and had 256 bit all chars password, that's why I guess something went wrong):

XAMPP: Setting new MySQL pma password.
ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Y6@nP5q)@k]8GTWr~') where User = 'pma'' at line 1
XAMPP: Setting phpMyAdmin's pma password to the new one.
XAMPP: MySQL has no root passwort set!!!
XAMPP: Do you want to set a password? [yes] yes
XAMPP: Write the password somewhere down to make sure you won't forget it!!!
XAMPP: Password:
XAMPP: Password (again):
XAMPP: Setting new MySQL root password.
ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'qrc-fhb~]p"u') where User = 'root'' at line 1
XAMPP: Change phpMyAdmin's authentication method.

So what I can't use a password with special characters? Or is it something different?

Cheers,

omgwtfbbq
omgwtfbbq

Re: ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1

Postby ebermed » 02. April 2010 17:23

I have searched everywhere for this thuread. And no replies. Is this information not out here somewhere? Considering just not bothering with msql all tougher if this is the community of support available. HELLO !!!!!!!!
ebermed

Return to XAMPP for Linux