1.6.8a to 1.7.0 mysql upgrade errors

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

1.6.8a to 1.7.0 mysql upgrade errors

Postby clarkritchie » 06. January 2009 01:14

I ran the 1.6.8a to 1.7.0 upgrade a few days ago. I got some errors during the mysql upgrade, but oddly enough the server started OK and reported 5.1.30, so honestly I didn't dig too far into it.

Today, the server is working properly, but I'm seeing this when I connect to one of the databases using the Navicat client:

ERROR 1577: Cannot proceed because system tables used by Event Scheduler were found damaged at server start

Not really sure what the Event Scheduler is...

I've been trying to run the mysql upgrade bit separately.

[root@thebuzz /opt/lampp/bin]# ./mysql_upgrade -u root -h localhost -p --verbose
Enter password:
Looking for 'mysql' as: ./mysql
Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: ./mysqlcheck
Running 'mysqlcheck'...
clearspace.jiveAbuse OK
...lots more OKs...
jira_3_13.issuestatus OK
jira_3_13.issuetype OK
./mysqlcheck: Got error: 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query when executing 'CHECK TABLE ... FOR UPGRADE'
jira_3_13.issuetypescreenscheme OK
jira_3_13.issuetypescreenschemeentity OK
jira_3_13.worklog OK
mysql.columns_priv OK
mysql.db OK
mysql.event OK
mysql.func OK
FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed

Posts: 1
Joined: 06. January 2009 01:08

Return to XAMPP for Linux

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests