error with mysqlconnect

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

error with mysqlconnect

Postby xiownthisplacex » 16. December 2008 00:25

him using xampp on a server and on another server im using an eggdrop to connect to my database, but it doesn't connect, do i need to edit a file to make the my database accessible to the other server? i already edited my httpd-xampp.conf to

<Directory "/opt/lampp/phpmyadmin">
AllowOverride AuthConfig Limit
Order allow,deny
Allow from localhost
Allow from eggdrop_ip
</Directory>

the error i got from my eggdrop is

mysqlconnect/db server: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'databa_ip' (111) while executing "mysqlconnect -host database_ip -port 3306 -user my_database_user -password my_database_password -db my_database_name"
xiownthisplacex

Re: error with mysqlconnect

Postby Nobbie » 16. December 2008 22:08

Obviously you should have to configure the eggdrop in order to connect to mysql properly - what you didnt. Obviously, you didnt configure anything (due to the error message):

>mysqlconnect -host database_ip -port 3306 -user my_database_user -password my_database_password -db my_database_name

database_ip is a placeholder for your mysql server, my_database_user is a placeholder for a mysql user ... and so on. There must be a config file or similar where you *should* replace these placeholders by the actual values.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Linux