(98)Address Already Taken...

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

(98)Address Already Taken...

Postby cindy » 19. November 2008 21:34

Hello,

I installed Xampp yesterday, and everything was working fine - I even created a new database and was messing around with a local installation of Wordpress.

But when I tried to start the server today, all I get is this error with Apache:

(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 80

So I changed 80 to 81 on http.conf. But when I tried it again, it gives the same error message, but now it complains about the port 443.

Well, I changed port 443 to 444 on php.ini (the only file that had any reference to that port that I could find), and tried again... only to see the exact error message, still on port 443.

And yesterday it worked so well... =/

UPDATE: so I reboot (again) my system. It started fine, but when I go to localhost I see this:

Warning: file_get_contents(lang.tmp) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/lampp/htdocs/xampp/index.php on line 2

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /opt/lampp/htdocs/xampp/index.php:2) in /opt/lampp/htdocs/xampp/index.php on line 4
[/quote]
cindy

Re: (98)Address Already Taken...

Postby glitzi85 » 05. December 2008 20:05

cindy wrote:Well, I changed port 443 to 444 on php.ini (the only file that had any reference to that port that I could find), and tried again... only to see the exact error message, still on port 443.

That has nothing to do with the php.ini. You must change Port 443 in this file:

Code: Select all
/opt/lampp/etc/extra/httpd-ssl.conf

cindy wrote:Warning: file_get_contents(lang.tmp) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/lampp/htdocs/xampp/index.php on line 2

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /opt/lampp/htdocs/xampp/index.php:2) in /opt/lampp/htdocs/xampp/index.php on line 4

Did you change this file? Maybe the rights got changed by your Editor or your FTP-Client so PHP is now unable to read this file. The second error is caused by the first error, don't care. Could you please post the output of this command:

Code: Select all
ls -la /opt/lampp/htdocs/xampp

glitzi
glitzi85

Return to XAMPP for Linux