Problems with partitions. Please i need help.

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Problems with partitions. Please i need help.

Postby MalastiC » 13. November 2008 20:07

Good night. I have a little problem. I have the server configured as follows: (Hard disks)

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1 2.9G 2.2G 565M 80% /[/b]
/dev/sda2 685G 131M 650G 1% /home
shm 6.0G 0 6.0G 0% /dev/shm

My Xampp is in /opt/lampp/bin/

Is configured to use / dev/sda2? I think not.

Please. I need help in order to set the big item on the partition. Using ftp received judgments of space filled ...

It is possible to combine the partition 2 with the partition 1, I think it would be best.

A greeting,
MalastiC

Postby glitzi85 » 14. November 2008 10:41

Hi,

you must install XAMPP in /opt, everything else wouldn't work.

The only thing you can do is to change the settings of Apache and ProFTPD to use /home for data storage.

The ProFTPD-Configuration you have to change completely. In the Apache-Config you will have to change the DocumentRoot of every host.

Also it would be an good idea to move the Logfiles, as they could grow up quickly. Normally they should be in /var/log, but as this path is mounted on /dev/sda1 you should make a logfolder in your /home directory.

glitzi
glitzi85

Postby Nobbie » 14. November 2008 11:44

You dont need to install Xampp in /opt/lampp, install it in /home/lampp (for example) instead and create a symbolic link in /opt after installation:

ln -s /home/lampp /opt/lampp

After then Xampp looks like beeing installed in /opt/lampp, but physically the space of /home (i.e. /dev/sda2) is used.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Linux