LAMPP with suPHP

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

LAMPP with suPHP

Postby Streak » 30. October 2008 17:53

Ok, I'll start by admitting I'm a noob at Linux and what not, I do however have LAMPP running and running good, works beautifully and I've learned a lot just from installing it.

Now, my PHP scripts need to write to certain folders, allowing sanitized uploads. Now, we all know it's a big no no to set your folder's write permissions to 0777, I don't want to have to do that and I've been researching the issue trying to find out other ways around it. In that research I'v come across suPHP, which sounds as if it will do exactly what I need it to do.

The problem is, I really have no idea how to install it. I can follow the instructions on suPHP's website, compile and make it, etc...but how do I get it to work with LAMPP? I've looked all over the net and I can't seem to find anything explaining how to get LAMPP and suPHP to work together...and what I HAVE found, assumes I'd have more knowledge in the matter then I actually do, so they do a quick fly by which I'm sure is very understandable for some people, but for me who has no prior knowledge per-sey...I'm a bit lost. Could someone give me an explanation, or a site to go to that will explain it?

Thank you in advance for any help that can be provided, it will be a great asset to me.
Streak

Return to XAMPP for Linux