Migrating from Windows XP Xampp to Linux Xampp

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Migrating from Windows XP Xampp to Linux Xampp

Postby mjhasbach » 09. December 2007 08:26

In short, I had a pretty nice forum community running on Windows xampp. A about a week ago, I started experiencing a series of problems that eventually led the corruption of my Windows installation. I have elected to switch to Linux for the time being, and I would really like to continue hosting this website. I have been able to recover the C:/xampp folder and the folder of my website onto a flash drive. I have tried to fix this myself, but the folder structure of /xampp and /lampp are quite different. Basically what I am asking is how I would be able to configure the Linux xampp settings to match what I had in Windows...including mysql, as I need it for my forum software. Thanks.
mjhasbach

Postby sari42 » 09. December 2007 10:52

I'd install xampp on any win box/laptop, stop the mysql service and copy back the whole mysql/data from the backup. After starting the mysqld you should be able to dump the data into a "backup.sql" file which can be imported into the linux box.
sari42

Postby mjhasbach » 09. December 2007 18:51

Thanks for the reply. Would there be any way to simply copy the mysql files from xampp into lampp? I've installed xampp on windows and copied the files from my website in an attempt to access phpmyadmin and backup the mysql; however, I can't get apache or mysql to start up
mjhasbach

Return to XAMPP for Linux